1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been scammed last year and being very close to the issue BBBBill just had happen, how about this. Supporter logo is visible when a thread is open. Figure out a way for the shopper to spot supporters (ID On File) BEFORE the WTS post is even open. I will no longer send funds to a non supporter, unless I can get satellite imagery of their house, a DNA sample and hostage options on 2 family members.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
Your supporter status (for those are site supporters) is displayed under you name for everyone to see. If it doesn't have the supporter status logo (like the one displayed under your name), they are not a site supporter. Easy enough to tell at a quick glance. Someone with few posts and a recent post date listing an item, buyer beware, as we (staff) cannot always tell who is on the up-and-up and who is not. We (staff) usually catch scammers pretty quick, like this one that was caught before 50 posts, and thanks to follow-up posts by our members to alert us to the scammer doing likewise on other forums. We catch most of them before you guys see them. If you have a specific suggestion we would like to hear it.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suggest was to see the supporters in the title listing. You wouldn’t even open the ad.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
My suggest was to see the supporters in the title listing. You wouldn’t even open the ad.
I have brought this up for discussion with the staff. Thank you for the suggestion (and clarification). :)

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
So, change the forum software because you don't want to spend the split-second of time it takes to open a thread??

Yeah, that makes total sense...NOT!

And, just for my own edification, how exactly does the fact someone supports this site legitimize their offering? I'm not being a dick, I'm honestly curious how that works.

`

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
The staff has had a good discussion on this, and we do not see an added value in this to request software changes/development by the technical folks. As always, with any keyboard transactions, it is "buyer/seller beware". The wisest approach, in our consensus of opinion, is to only respond to members that have been here awhile and contributed to the forum with posts that are constructive posts, or folks that you know. After being here awhile, you will identify folks that you have reason to give a certain level of trust to, and others - maybe not so much.

We have had site supporters that have taken people for a ride, and others that were non-site supporters that have dealt with fellow members honorably, so site supporter status is not necessarily a good measure of one's honesty.

Thanks for the suggestion though, we always welcome them for discussion.

Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts