1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching all over the net, but can,t find a seller for this item. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Here is an alternate: Gehmann Iris

I have a Merit and never had much luck with the suction cup. I've considered drilling the eyeglass lens but I don't use it enough to go to the effort. I have a set of Champion shooting frames for International competition but I use the iris more for consistent head alignment than depth of field or sight crispness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One vote for the Lyman Eyepal. Yes, 22 dollars is expensive for a couple of cling stickers, but I'll shoot 22 dollars in an hour, and wear the Eyepal for a year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is an alternate: Gehmann Iris

I have a Merit and never had much luck with the suction cup. I've considered drilling the eyeglass lens but I don't use it enough to go to the effort. I have a set of Champion shooting frames for International competition but I use the iris more for consistent head alignment than depth of field or sight crispness.
Mine works pretty good if you wet it.

Newt

·
Registered
798 Posts
Been using a Merrit for over 20 years. The same one. Just lick the cup before sticking it on your glasses.

Now I use Dot sights. If shooting groups, I use the Merrit to make the dot a true circle instead of the blob it usually is.

David

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use the Gehmann and have found it to be a good aid for depth of field and crisping up front sight with open irons. But for indoor shooting can be an issue with low levels of light. I have to stop it down most of the way which limits light and reduces the clarity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts