1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metalsmith has asked me to put up some pics
of his work:

------------------
Due to his contractural obligations with The Global Institute for the Study of the Effect of Conventional Small Arms on Extra-Terrestrial Visitors, he has mandated that I keep his identity a secret.

Chuck

[

[This message has been edited by pistolwrench (edited 02-14-2001).]

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi Pinman,
The front sight is a custom made dovetail lenght wise with the slide. Removable, with night tube, with custom made barrel bushing to retain night sight. This is my first series 70 custom colt 1994 vintage.Thanks for the compliment good shooting

Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A close-up of Metalsmiths's 'unfinished
and un-beadblasted' checkering. I'm afraid the pic does not do justice to the work. His checkering is ABSOLUTELY perfect!

And a rare pic of Metalsmith his self, hard
at work testing another small-arm for the Institute:

------------------
Chuck

[This message has been edited by pistolwrench (edited 02-14-2001).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice looking job on that rear sight. I Know why he wont reveal his identity.... He wont admit to building pimp guns!!!!

Anyhow great looking job on the gun!

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Thank you Chuck,for posting my photos. I`m new at this forum and posting stuff like this is a big help. I owe you one. Your right the photos did not come through real clear. The origional photgraphs show great detail. The last picture posted, I did give the checkering one bead blast of xx-fine glass bead to remove a small burr that hangs on one side of each toothe. This will remove the burr. You won`t see any file marks, over runs(whatever they are) on this frame once it has been blasted. The picture is 1993 vintage. Chuck I'm surpised you still have this picture, cuz I don`t.
Thanks again,
The MetalSmith

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Very nice Metal Smith the Checkering looks perfect.

------------------
Have fun & Shoot Strait

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi Daniel, yes it is a Dalask I had black tefloned, It was the first and last one I bought, good shoot'n

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi Eich1, Yes the pistol does look kind of "pimpy", thank you for the compliment, the slide looks glossy on the photo because of the lighting but in real life it is more of a brushed stainless look, in regular lighting the flats came out with glare and hot spots, to eliminate this one light was placed on each side of the pistol to the left and right, shining downward on about a 30 degree angle. All machine marks polished out of the metal work and then dusted in new XX-fine glass bead and flats polished at 400 grit, this gives the chrome a brighter white satin finsh, good shooting

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering if Pistolwrench wanted me to send him some pics of a 45 that Metal Smith did locally from scratch (started with a frame). Everyone that gets to look at it and holds it starts drooling. The checkering on this one is also perfect along with all the other custom things he does to a pistol. I am not sure how to get the pics posted. They were shot with a high res digital camera but still not as nice as Pistolwrenche's

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Squirels and ground hogs in my nieghborhood are arming themselves in alarming numbers. I've heard the intend a revolt in the spring and want to be recognized as "Rodentian Americans".

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tdapicejr,
I'd love to see the pics!
Metalsmith is truly one of the finest smiths in the World of 1911's.
You first need to open an account at www.photopoint.com
and upload the pics to an album at that site.
And it's FREE!
Then follow the directions found to the left of the 'reply' box, under '*UBB Code is ON'.
I'm looking forward to seeing them.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Popeye...Yes...They are gathering in large numbers locally as well...They have been heard chanting"Repeal All FullAuto Acorn Laws"...they have actually stolen baseball throwers and have loaded them with acorns and green walnuts...
They have attempted to kidnap Dane Burns and force him to create the dreaded 9x23 ACORN, a rare and incredibly accurate nut as we all know...
God Help Us...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
God save the local ATF (Anti Tailed Furrycreatures) who will surely save us from the little bucktooth commies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts