1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after two years of trying different mags and spirngs and follower combinations, i have finally found one that i can trust.
Having tried every brand, i have settled on metalform 7 round, with orange plastic follower. it seems to hold each round very snug against the feed lips, no wiggle. these mags solved my feed problems, mainly rounds nosing into the top of the chamber. i thought i would post a nice note, usually i just complain.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Alex Hamilton, former president of the Pistolsmith Guild, currently a gunsmith and writer for American Handgunner thinks Metalform 7 round mags are the way to go, but he likes the ones with welded metal bases and with the metal followers. I used them for a long time until I got my Wilson CQB and they don't currently work worth a darn there. Bummer. You can't beat their prices.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I meant to add that I found metalform the most reliable in my pistols too, but metal followers, have 7 round, and 10-round. If they work in your gun, they're the best value for the money. They're the ones sold by Ed Brown, and I read somewhere they used to make Colt factory mags, but don't really know about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts