1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a complete list of parts from the frame up on a standard meusoc pistol. and any information on those parts including manufacturer, part number, brownells cat. numbers.

everything and anything.

also does anyone know of what the closest thing is to the hand made sites that the usmc armorers produce at quantico. or how i can build some myself.

thanks in advance,

working on this for myself and a buddy of mine.

trigger

·
Registered
674 Posts
do a search for meusoc on the forum. It has been discussed a zillion times.

Read every single post with the name Pat Rogers attached to it.

This will tell you everything you could possibly want to know about the MEUSOC pistol.

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
More info on the first MEUSOC pistols (including specific components) can be found on my website:

http://usgi1911.tripod.com/meusoc

I might update it soon with info on the Kimber interim replacements, but I'll need to coordinate that with Pat Rogers to make sure it's cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MEUSOC pistols

dsk said:
More info on the first MEUSOC pistols (including specific components) can be found on my website:

http://usgi1911.tripod.com/meusoc

I might update it soon with info on the Kimber interim replacements, but I'll need to coordinate that with Pat Rogers to make sure it's cool.
dsk:

This link is dead. Is it posted anywhere else?

Cheers,
sparky-ca

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
This is a two year-old thread, that's why the link no longer exists. Neither does the website. Here are the components used on the first batch of guns (going by memory):

USGI frame
Springfield or Caspian slide
Bar-Sto barrel made up to USMC specs (not the usual stainless match ones)
Kings bushing, grip safety, and ambi safety (modified)
Videki trigger
Hammer custom-made to USMC specs (a similar one is available from Brownells)
Pachmayr wrap-around grips w/o thumbrests
USGI MS housings ground down flat and serrated
GI slide stop and guide rod
Lowered ejection port
Custom-made sights by PWS
Last two digits of S/N stamped on slide, barrel, hammer, and safety (IIRC)
Black parkerized finish

·
Registered
989 Posts
Check out Iron Brigade Armory, they have ex-Marine armorers building their versions. They do GREAT sniper rifles too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's a rundown on some of the commerically available MEU(SOC) pistol parts. The beavertail grip is a Clark's, Brownells p/n 181-115-180; The hammer is MGW, Brownells p/n 584-300-451; The ambi-safety is King's, p/n 201A; The trigger is no longer listed at Brownells but was p/n 205-005-000; The barrel and bushing kit are Bar-Sto, p/n DBBL&P45; And the front sight is a Millet, Brownells p/n 601-402-224. This info came directly out of the parts list in MEU(SOC) pistol maintenance/parts manual (TM 00526A-24&P/2).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts