1911Forum banner

MFS 2000 in 9MM from Cabela's

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Col. Mortimer 
#1 · (Edited)
MFS 2000 (Made in Hungary) in 9MM from Cabela's

I just put in two orders, 11 boxes per order, at $104.84 per order, to my door. I used the $20 coupons so two separate orders was the best deal. I searched this forum and the reviews for MFS were all good. Now that it's too late, I wonder if anyone else ordered it recently and what did you think?

#2 ·
I have not used any of this ammo...but had recently seen it being available. Let us know what you think of it when you`ve gotten it and had a chance to see how it shoots.

#6 ·
I was told by various sources that the MFS brand is made by the same folks that made ammo for Armscorp USA, Inc, out of Baltimore a number of years back. Armscorp sold this under the brand name "Lake City Small Arms Ammunition". This brand is not to be confused with the military ammo from Lake City. A local range/shop sold this stuff and used it for their rental guns until they couldn't get it anymore.

I still have some .45 that I bought in 2001. Some folks on SIGForum reviewed a few months back. I would buy it again.

#7 ·
After reading the few positive responses here, I figured what the heck, and ordered enough of the stuff from Cabela`s to get the free shipping. Once it get`s here, we`ll see how it compares to WWB.

#8 ·
I just put in two orders, 11 boxes per order, at $104.84 per order, to my door. I used the $20 coupons so two separate orders was the best deal. I searched this forum and the reviews for MFS were all good. Now that it's too late, I wonder if anyone else ordered it recently and what did you think?
I just did the exact same thing. Fingers crossed on the decision. I dont care if it is dirty, I am more concerned about accuracy. I have used their .45 and it's accuracy was decent.

Wes

#9 ·
I did have a negative experience with MFS ammo a few years ago. I bought a couple boxes of MFS .45acp from AIM Surplus several years ago. It would not feed or eject properly in a 1911 that fed anything else. It was also +P, but didn't have +P velocity. So I never bought it again and didn't look back.

I would be hesitant to buy any today.

#10 ·
I've also used MFS in .45acp in the past with good experience. The last batch of 45 I recently bought seemed much dirtier than what I had experienced from earlier purchases. Was tempted to get the 9mm as that's all they had in store last time I was there, but passed due to the reviews on the 9mm on the Cabela's site. Hope it turns out well for ya.

#11 ·
There is a big difference in review from here and at Cabela's

Almost all the reviews in this forum were good. Many of the reviews at Cabela's are bad. Of course, most of the negative review seem to be about it being dirty. I can live with it being dirty but the duds worry me. I planned to use this as practice and USPSA match ammo be it may wind up as practice ammo only.

#12 ·
Yeah I don't care that much about dirty although some here seem to. It did appear the last batch of 45 was worse than previous batches. It was the number of accounts from late november of jamming and failure to fire on the 9mm that made me decide to pass. Just tryin' to help.

#13 ·
Success!

I fired 50 rounds with no duds or malfunctions. My 92FS was already dirty but it doesn't look like this ammo was out of the ordinary dirty. PMC is definately dirtier. It seems to be hotter than most ammo but the Speer Lawman is probably slightly hotter. Accuracy is good. In DA mode, I took careful aim and hit the cross hairs of a target at 50'. So far, I feel I got a good deal.

#16 ·
Quality seems to vary

After reading many reviews, it seems the quality varies. Some people have shot box after box with one or two duds while others have very high percentages of duds. Hopefully, my supply will continue to work but unless I see an improvement in quality control, I'll wait for prices to fall on better quality brands. I see supplies increasing and prices will decrease once inventories start to increase. Hope springs eternal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.