1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my Mil-Spec but need better accuracy. Off the bench @ 25 yds. I'm grouping about 4 to 4.5 inches. Rear of bbl. fits well but bushing is loose. I'm trying to decide between having a bushing fitted or a new bbl. My old SA 1911-A1 Is shooting 1.5 inches after having a cart .45 bbl fitted. Who has done one of the two and what where the results?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I am doing fine with Mil Spec super with Federal ammo. My reloads do need some work. Have you tried different ammo and see how it does? Some times a change in ammo will fix some problems. And possible a new bushing is all you need to tighten things up. Might be best do that as it is the cheapest way to go.

Stacey

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Warhorse, thanks for your reply. I've tried Aguila, fed.,win.,pmc and cor-bon. the latter grouped the best @ about 3.5 inches. I've just started reloading for this caliber. VV3n37 with nosler 115gr. still about 4.5inch groups. I'm just tring to get an idea about the stock bbl. and if I could get away with just a match bushing or had to spring for a match bbl. and bushing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts