1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering if you knew if it was possible to change the 45 MillSpec Springfield to a 400 Corbon and what sights can be added to the MillSpec?

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
From what I've read, 400 Corbon is mostly a drop in barrel swap. However if you want a more precise fit, you can buy a gunsmith fit barrel. But 400 Corbon uses the same everything else. I've read that you can use the same recoil spring , but I would suggest nothing less than an 18#. Tracy

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
liquidassasin, Yes, same mags.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Got it and use it...

I have a 400corbon barrel for my SA milspec.

It is a cheapie ($50) Auto Ordance/Thomspon barrel from Ebay or gunbroker. (can't remember which one)

I had to get an extra link and link pin. It took a bit of fitting to get the pin in it and I had to get out the dremel to get the barrel to fit.

But, once done, it works like a charm.

The 400corbon is a fun load.

With 155gr plated flat nose bullets and 10-11gr of Bluedot and magnum primers, it really sails down the range.

[Its like turning your 1911 into a 357magnum revolver...a bit more kick but not unreasonable]

For 400corbon loads, I use 40s&w loading data and starline brass. (which is +P in nature...so I have been told)

I would just get an 18# spring to go along with the barrel and be done.

I did a "fluff and buff" on the barrel prior to firing so that rounds fed easier.

Regards,

-Warlock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts