1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield Mil-Spec that I have been beefing up. I am looking to replace the rear sights and was wondering what type of cut they are and what a good brand would be to replace them with? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I have the Novak sight above, mounted on a Colt CC. Its available with white dots, or even tritium inserts. Works fine, except that it sits high on the slide and kinda "perches" up there like an afterthought.

Millett, and 10-8 make aftermarket sights that will fit the g.i. dovetail on the Mil-Spec. They are styled like the standard factory sights but better marked.

The Springfield website lists their charges to modify the slide to accept the more standard Novak style low-profile aftermarket sights.

·
Registered
651 Posts
There are sights that fit a factory dovetail and there are sights that are installed in a milled slide to sit lower.

I installed a set of King #109 sights on my Colt Government model [pre series 70]years ago to get a better sight picture. Someday I'll have the slide milled and probably go with a Novak or Heinie fixed sight in a low mount milled slide.
King #107 in factory dovetail...#109 is same but white dots

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
10-8

just yesterday I installed a 10-8 nm rear sight.its pretty stout, and has a wide sight notch to look through.I wanted to stay kind of retro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts