1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Holsters section, but wanted to voice this here too since it's not specific to 1911s. Thanks.

Hello all.

I recognize that both of these are shoulder holsters for the Beretta 92FS, but I know that you all are knowledgeable about all these.

I've attached two links to holsters worn in Iraq right now.

Here's a little bit of background on why they have shoulder holsters in the first place. Given that Iraq in general is still not secure, most personal make a point (if its not SOP in their particular area) to go armed at all times. This often goes with the provision that they wear the IBA or the old style flak jacket.

The M12 holster must be worn on the ALICE pistol belt and is generally too high up to be easily accessable. Thats why many wear the thigh extension. The pistol belt has the downside in that it must be included as part of your LBE/LBV battle rattle. Not so convenient. Ergo, most wear shoulder holsters or standalone tactical thigh holsters like those provided by Blackhawk type venders.

I've seen several pictures of our senior leaders wearing these leather shoulder holsters. I suspect that LTC Sanchez' is a NSN item, but GEN Abizad's looks commercial.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these holsters?

As a little heads up about the stoutness of these two generals, LTG Sanchez is the ground combat commander for OIF and the highest ranking hispanic officer in the US Army. GEN Abizad is the current CENTCOM commander and is a rising star of the Army. He went from a Brigadier General (Cmdt of USMA) to General (Cdr. of CENTCOM) in less than four years IIRC.

http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/D...F-2828D-504.jpg

http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/D...F-2828D-467.jpg

Thanks much.

DMN

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Please do not cross-post to multiple forums. The "Holsters" forum is indeed, where this belongs so we'll close this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.