1911Forum banner

Military only 1911, 308xxx

669 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sw1911_FS 
What battle and what martial use is documented?

What battle and what martial use is documented?

It should be obvious that a strong historical interest can make any particular pistol quite valuable indeed. In that case of course restoration is almost certain to destroy not add value. An oddball documented issue or rare make (which I take it yours is not, not likely by the serial, I would assume you meant to say Colt but I don't know that?) or lots of things not in evidence would make a big difference. The serial given can be checked against dates in the family history - you can do that yourself. Original magazine(s)? Two tone?

On the other hand there was a time generic bringback souvenirs were maybe $20 more or less. As the price of new guns has climbed the price of used guns has crept up but hardly more than kept pace. Generic old guns are not a treasure of infinite value.

A nice restoration will likely make the gun more valuable but also likely not enough more valuable to pay for the restoration.

Mods should put this into USGI where I trust you have read at length about the experience of others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.