1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to get a Millennium Protector without having the words engraved on the slide? I really like the guns no nonsense looks but I think the name is very corny. I will call Wilsons when I have free time during business hrs but until then can anyone advise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't see why not if you specify it when ordering.

I have the Protector with the armor tuff finish I don't find the lettering too obnoxious.

If you order get the fully checkered wood grips and the full length guide rod. You may want the 463 nite sights instead of the "nite eyes." Although I don't mind the nite eyes.

I think the MP is the best value in the line.

Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
AUG

I second the 463 sights. The 463 sights have the Novak dovetail cut and allow you the flexibility to change sights at a later date without remilling and refinish.

Be prepared to be charged to have the sights upgraded (remill the slide to fit the new sight the finish will be after then).

I have to order then in blocks of four guns to keep the cost affordable on the upgrade of the sights.

I usually order the Millenium Protectors with the 463 and armortuff. Essentially you have a CQB without checkering and is black armortuff not green armortuff for about $250 less. That is a bunch of 45 ammo or one good holster and still a bunch of ammo.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

You get what you pay for front end or back end.
http://www.pt-partners.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by PT-Partners:

--snip- Essentially you have a CQB without checkering and is black armortuff not green armortuff for about $250 less.
Does anyone know why Wilson quotes the CQB as having 1" accuracy @25yds, while the Milleium is quoted at 1.5"? I know the MP uses some "Value Line" parts, but it doesn't seem to me these parts would have a great effect on accuracy. Or, I could be wrong.

Perhaps they do more hand-fitting on the CQB?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my MP several months ago from Terry at P-T Partners. I really have to look close to see the logo along the slide, and I have to admit, it doesn't bother me. The upgraded night sights and black armor tuff finish convinced me to go with the MP. Personally, I don't like the green finish, so I think you get a lot more for the money by choosing the MP. My MP can shoot much more accurately than I am capable of, and after over 2500 rounds without a malfunction of any kind, I'm very happy. Thanks to Terry for steering me in the right direction!

------------------

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
nr123,
Ditto on the MP and Terry Peters. Mine has the 463 night sights and I added Ahrends grips. Also, bought a Rosen 5JR from Terry.
I simply could not be more pleased with this set up.

J Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts