1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has had it done, or a smith that does it, *roughly* how much am I looking at to have this done. No particular kind right now, trying to decide whether to clean up and use my slide or buy a new one. My eyes are NOT good enough for those original sites! TIA.

·
Registered
21,912 Posts
You don't have to mill your slide for good sights. Look at the Novak Competition or Low Profile Carry sights - these are not the Low Mount and fit the stock dovetail; or the King National Match. Save the c-note.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the back one that bothers me, it's the front. Of course Tritium would be nice too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A front sight dovetail should only run $30-$50, plus sight. If you decide agianst tritium(not much use on anything other than a carry or bedside gun) you should be able to do the instalation yourself.

BTW, where are you getting SS slides for $100? Every decent slide I've looked at is at least $180. Plus the slide would have to be fit.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 08-04-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
I charge $175 for a Lo-Mount Bomar install that includes all cuts,parts,and labor - a front dovetail, and a front fiber optic sight if you want. I cold blue the slide.

------------------
Bob Londrigan
Brazos Custom Gunworks
254-622-2245
http://www.brazoscustom.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BCG- that is the front site only? I just came from your page, heck with the sites, I love those blue grips!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Originally posted by Brazos Custom Gunworks:
I charge $175 for a Lo-Mount Bomar install that includes all cuts,parts,and labor - a front dovetail, and a front fiber optic sight if you want. I cold blue the slide.

Geez...that's a good deal Bob...Do you need the frame for anything or can you do it with just the slide?

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
The price I quoted includes Bomar rear sight, front sight (either fiber optic or plain post), cutting the front dovetail, cutting the rear for the Bomar with a deluxe cut, and cold blueing the slide. I can do it with just the slide and you sight it in or you can send the gun and I'll sight it in. Return shipping for a slide is $10 and for a gun is $25.

------------------
Bob Londrigan
Brazos Custom Gunworks
254-622-2245
http://www.brazoscustom.com

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
imokie,

Bob Londrigan quoted you quite the deal!
His fiber optics are the best.

[This message has been edited by pistolwrench (edited 08-06-2001).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pistolwrench- In a way I am "kicking tires". Note that I said in my post I am trying to decide.
The deal with the fiber sites sounds great, love those sites. That would still leave me with a slide with poor rool marks though. If they still have them Sarco had stainless slides for $110 with flared ejection port. Those fiber sites would REALLY look good on that. I have not had the money to do anything yet and with 2 birthdays, Christmas, and property taxes all in Dec it will be a while. Almost had the money to do it then got a deal on a 22 conversion kit. I love the 3 dot sites on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts