1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question because I am a little confused after reading some threads.

I was given a Springfield milspec parkerized not WWII for an early christmas present. I would like to install night sight as my only modification to the gun. Does the slide have to be milled or can the sights just be swapped out. Also if anybody has an recommendations for night sights as I am only familiar with Trijicon.

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jason:

I have Meprolights on my WWII. They will go on without mods to the slide, but the sights themselves will have to be slightly modified.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Trijicon makes a night sight set for the S.A. Mil-Spec (not WWII) They are just like your factory sights. Staked in the front and dovetailed in the back. My brother has a set on his MilSpec S.A.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Coldtroop said:
Dieselman,

So does that mean they can be swapped out with no milling of the slide?
Yes, they can be swapped out without slide alteration.
Just remember that if you wish to do it yourself, then you will need a sight drift tool for the back sight and a staking tool for the front. I installed the ones that are on my brothers gun myself. However if I was to do it again, I would hire a smith for the job. My installation left alot of dings and scratches on the new sights.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't have a picture of my brothers gun. I will see him over Christmas though. If he brings his gun I will take a picture of it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dieselman said:
Trijicon makes a night sight set for the S.A. Mil-Spec (not WWII) They are just like your factory sights. Staked in the front and dovetailed in the back. My brother has a set on his MilSpec S.A.
Anyone know the model number for these. On the Trijicon website I cant find any Springfield sights. I assume there for Colt Govt then?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts