1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into the purchase of either of these pistols to introduce myself to the world of 1911's. Previously I have only been exposed to Glocks and other modern breeds that lack the interest and history of the 1911. I would appreciate if someone could give me a breakdown of the differences between the two pistols, and how much effect these differences will have on the practicality and enjoyment of shooting.

I like the idea of the WW2 because of its repro features and the history associated with it, but the sites do seem pretty small and difficult to use. Also, is it likely that this pistol will be collector's item and go up in value, and considering that I am looking for this to be a shooter should this even be a consideration?

Any assistence is appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Springfield's site covers most of this - the main differences are the sights and the ejection port and cosmetics.

If you're looking for a shooter, it depends on whether it feels right in your hand and whether you can deal with the low sights or not.

It's what I'm accustomed to shooting, so it's no big deal for me, and I like the smaller sights for concealed carry.

As far as collector's item, you're talking about < $500 guns. Don't worry about it. Buy it to shoot.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Agreed. The main differences are smaller, non-three-dot sights, a smaller ejection port (will probably dent your brass), vertical slide serrations, a lanyard loop on the mainspring housing, and a blued barrel. They retail at around $400; they're good quality shooters, though I agree, I might get one for the nostalgic value and not shoot it much. :)

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts