1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springfield Armory shows the following two weapons on their website. A Mil spec 38 super and a mil spec Ultra Compact. Does anyone have hands on experience with either of these guns yet, and if so, how is the Ultra Compact set up as far as grip safety and hammer. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought one of the milspec 38 supers. It is plain vanilla, except it has a lowered and flared ejection port, a slightly beveled mag well, and a fully ramped heavy bbl. The compact will have the non-extended thumb safety and a short 80s series Colt style grip safety. These can easily be replaced, with the savings still beneficial. Almost forgot, it will have a round Commander style hammer.

Ghillie

[This message has been edited by GHILLIE (edited 04-23-2001).]

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just bought a 2001 milspec 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I've got another on the way. I like the new 1991a1's, but these milspecs are at least as good, with the addition of the lowered/flared ejection port, steel mainspring housing, and steel trigger, and the accuracy out of my first one is outstanding, at least as good as my 2001 loaded. Have the hots for one in 38 super now. Believe the milspec, milspec 38, and ultra compact milspec, along with the 1991A1's are the best bargains across the board right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts