1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Milt sparks 55BN for my new S/W1911. How do people who have these holsters like them?

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
I have a black 55BN. It was beautifully made and holds the gun close to the body for concealment. The holster is secure and presentation is reasonably fast. I think the black ones look better than the natural or brown color.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 55BN made from horeshide for a gov't 1911.
Pros: It conceals very well. The inside breaks in smooth as glass,
giving a very smooth draw. It is cosmetically very attractive.

Cons: It rides very high. The pistol clears leather well above
the belt, which can add time to your draw.

·
Registered
353 Posts
One of the best range holsters ever! I use mine almost weekly and even like it for IDPA. They do ride high but its very secure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It is a well made holster but it rides too high for me to use properly. Drawing a full-sized 1911, it puts my shoulders and lower back in a real bind. If I keep it, it will be for range use only.

Michael

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im glad to hear such positive responses about this holster.

I just ordered a black horsehide with shark trim 55BN for my Baer Monolith.

Theyre going to need my gun for 2-3 days but are not charging me anymore to do what is essentially a custom holster.

Now thats customer service.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a black 55BN with shark trim for my full sized Kimber Custom Eclipse. It is a real beauty and it draws very well. I even use it for USPSA competition. If it adds to my draw time, well I'm old and slow anyway.

I have three Milt Sparks holsters. They make high quality products and the customer service is first rate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey folks,

I am usually in the Brown forum, so I am new to this section. Anyway, I just placed an order for a 55BN (black w/FBI cant). I am really excited about it.

Is it typical that they take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery? Or do they sometimes get them out to you sooner? I ordered for a Kobra Carry (commander length).

It was great to hear positive feedback. larry c

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats, Milt Sparks makes quality products, but count on the 10-12 weeks. I've ordered three holsters, they haven't shown up early or late.

Michael

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Nobody's waiting on Galco. It's a good sign when an artist has a backlog!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the holster in lesss than a week from Lightning Arms. Awsome holster well worth the money

·
Registered
264 Posts
Let me start off by saying, I've never really put alot of thought into holsters. Probably had something to with being younger and less knowledgeable about the finer things in life. However, I'd like to say that just recently I have begun to see the light.:) I saw - or more like drooled over and fondled a Milt Sparks 55BNH. I haven't been able to get the thought or feeling of that holster out of my head.:( In order to cure this sickness I will have to track one down soon for my SA Mil-Spec.:D

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a Galco Avenger, which is very close to the 55BN, and it's worked very well. Comfortable, smooth draw, and it has a tension screw, which I personally prefer. I know a lot of people are down on Galco, Desantis, and the rest of the big holster makers, but my DeSantis HRT was a really nice rig, and the Avenger is as well. I'm sure the Sparks is more nicely molded, but I don't think the Galco is a crummy product by any means. And it does have the advantage of being immediately available.

·
Registered
316 Posts
ljc said:

Is it typical that they take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery? Or do they sometimes get them out to you sooner? I ordered for a Kobra Carry (commander length).

It was great to hear positive feedback. larry c
Tony runs a small shop staffed with quality artisans who offer personal service. They custom build each holster and that takes time. It is worth the wait.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts