1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a really stupid question but it is driving me nuts.

On the Milt Sparks website, the entry for the Versa Max-2 has a picture with 2 holsters on it. One is black, what color is the other one? I placed an order today for one in natural, but after I did that I realized I might have ordered the wrong color (story of my life).

I know this is a silly thing, but I am so excited about this holster I want it to be perfect and am hoping if I selected the wrong color that I can figure it out and get it corrected quickly!

-Thanks in advance,
-Andy

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I would guess CORDOVAN, it is a very drk reddish brown that almost looks black.

------------------
American by Birth, Gunowner by Choice
Molon Labe

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Since you've brought it up, what was the expected date of delivery for you on this holster (as I'm also considering buying one)? I know this: you won't be disappointed. I own a couple of Sparks holsters and none disappointed, both were worth the wait. geegee

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
IIRC, the VMII pic shows a 1911 in a natural/tan holster and another gun (P7M8??) in a black one? I believe they're available in cordovan as well. BTW, I'm waiting on an order I placed 5/31 for a Watch Six (complete rig w/ belt and mag pouches). Lead time quoted was 8 to 10 weeks, I understand your excitement

Mac

[This message has been edited by Maclean3 (edited 06-12-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
Gentlemen, if you're looking for the Versa Max 2, Allan Yoast in Texas have a few already in stock. Drop him a line. I got my horsehide VM2 from Allan in a week !
His email is "[email protected]"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh heh, so far one person says natural and one says cordovan. I didn't know what cordovan was so I dunno. All I know is what I actually want is the same color as the non-black one in the pic. Call me picky.

They told me a 6-10 week wait. I am also doing the VM-2/belt/dual IWB mag holder deal for my Kimber Pro-Carry. I am most excited, but want to make sure I get the color right before I confirm the order.

Like I said, silly, but the little things count!

-Andy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by atritch:
Heh heh, so far one person says natural and one says cordovan. I didn't know what cordovan was so I dunno. All I know is what I actually want is the same color as the non-black one in the pic. Call me picky.

-Andy

If you go back to the website, take a look at the Watch Six pic. If you look closely at the two holsters pictured, you'll notice the 1911 is in a dark brown holster (that's cordovan), and the Glock is in a black one. If you read through the description there's a closeup of the loop system using a cordovan holster. It's definitely darker than the "Natural/tan" shown in the VM-II pic.

I think you ordered the right one based on what you've said. Myself, I cut the confusion and bought black

Mac

[This message has been edited by Maclean3 (edited 06-13-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts