1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking hard at a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 for my Springfield Ultra Compact, but I have a few concerns on concealment. I currently wear a waistband holster, which works well for concealment, but it is not the most comfortable way to carry. I also would like to have a holster that I can reinsert the gun with one hand. I love what I read about Versa Max 2, but I hate the exposed belt clips. To me I think the clips would be a dead giveaway, but I would like to know from the people that use it. Are there ways to cover the clips so they are not noticeable? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ccw007,

The VersaMax II can be had with kydex clips that convert this holster into a "tuckable" holster. The clips attach to your waistband, and the belt is threade on top of them. This arrangement is extremely effective for concealment. (Although I find it a bit difficult to put on.)

On another note, if you wear any sort of covering garment, nobody will see the belt loops. If you don't wear a covering garment, you've got no choice but to go tuckable if you want to keep your handgun concealed.

--Leibster

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen the kydex clips listing on their page, but no pictures. I think this may be the way for me to go. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can see a photo of the VM2 with kydex clips here:

You can see in the photo that the belt is threaded over the clips, so they almost completely disappear. They stick out just fractions of an inch, and are almost impossible to notice under normal conditions. (Unless perhaps you're wearing white pants.)

--Leibster

·
Registered
696 Posts
I use the VM-2 for my Kimber Ultra Carry, almost exclusively with the kydex clips. The clips are a pain to attach to the waistband and detach somewhat easier but they are secure!! I would not hesitate to recommend this holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts