1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know why people wait for months to have one of these made for them. This is by far the nicest holster I have ever put on my hip. What even makes it better I only had to wait 4 days from the time that I ordered it till the moment that I recieved it! I've got to thank Lightning Arms Sports for that outstanding service, they actually had exactly what I wanted in stock. I'm sitting here still not actually believing that it got here before X-mas. I could not be anymore happy.

I received a Black Horsehide VM II 4" for my Kimber Compact CDP. I wanted the horsehide due to its ability not to absorb sweat, that is so common in Florida's hot dog day summers. Thought I would include a couple of pictures of my new ride.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michael, this is actually my second Sparks the first was a Summer Special II that I just sold to one of our fellow board members. And while it is a really good holster something just told me to try out a VM. And I am glad I did, it seems to be reallllly nice. I am just tickled pink that I could come up with one of these in less than a week.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Welcome to the VMII Club! I have two, one for my PRO CDP and one for my full size TLE. Best holster money I ever spent.

I had a similar short wait time experience, mine were ordered through Top Gun Supply in Ohio. I only waited a couple of weeks.

Congrats and thanks for the pics! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
:D It doesn't get any better.

Go get one for a big ol' fatty Glock 20 or 21, only then will you achieve Nirvana!

Half kidding.....but the big fat Glocks work very well in the VM2/Executive Companion.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
LastRites said:
Thanks Michael, this is actually my second Sparks the first was a Summer Special II that I just sold to one of our fellow board members. And while it is a really good holster something just told me to try out a VM. And I am glad I did, it seems to be reallllly nice. I am just tickled pink that I could come up with one of these in less than a week.
Yep - I waited the time for mine but it was worth it.

:rock:

·
Registered
365 Posts
LastRites said:
Now I know why people wait for months to have one of these made for them. This is by far the nicest holster I have ever put on my hip. What even makes it better I only had to wait 4 days from the time that I ordered it till the moment that I recieved it! I've got to thank Lightning Arms Sports for that outstanding service, they actually had exactly what I wanted in stock. I'm sitting here still not actually believing that it got here before X-mas. I could not be anymore happy.

I received a Black Horsehide VM II 4" for my Kimber Compact CDP. I wanted the horsehide due to its ability not to absorb sweat, that is so common in Florida's hot dog day summers. Thought I would include a couple of pictures of my new ride.

Congrats, I'm jealous though! I have three VMll's ordered and it will be three more months before they arrive. Yesterday, a local bank was robbed at 11:30 am. This is uncommon for this area, but I guess a sign of the times we live in. I contacted Lightning Arms, as they were listed as a Sparks dealer and I spoke with Craig. He said they were out of the VMll's, but he had a DelFatti that he would recommend. He said I could try it and if I didn't like it, I could send it back. He could not have been any nicer and I figured that I had nothing to lose. My question is, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a DelFatti? It is an ISP-LP. Thanks in advance for any help and safe shooting! :rock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats. on Leather, I got mine approx 8 years ago, from Lighting Arms Sports along with a belt. You got the BEST you can buy.
Enjoy it.
Have a great and safe day..
Walt

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
No - that the steel reinforced mouth which allows you to reholster with one hand.

I wouldn't have a holster that did not have the reinforcing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Enjoy it. I got my versa max II from Top Gun Supply about a year and a half ago and it is almost never off my hip. I love the holster and would recomend it to anyone. I got lucky too they had it in stock for the 4" in black when I ordered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
TN shooter said:
Congrats. Other holsters won't mean as much after wearing a sparks.
Ditto! Even though I sold my VMII, it was a extremely fine holster. I just have a problem with IWB.

Bought a Haugen Gun Leather holster...another WOW, but I don't want to hijack your thread.

Congratulations on one hell of a fine holster.:)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I think I'm too fat for IWB, but those intrigue me.....how much do those usually run, and do you have to have separate holsters for a full-size vs. an Officers size?

·
Registered
22 Posts
VM ll

I have a sack full of 25 years of holsters.
I now have and use VM lls for five different pistols.
Get one you wont regret it.
M

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I think I'm too fat for IWB, but those intrigue me.....how much do those usually run, and do you have to have separate holsters for a full-size vs. an Officers size?
While you can carry an Officer's in a Full-sized 1911 holster, it isn't recommended. The extra length of the leather is unneeded and would eventually result in some holster collapse. Plus, it would be much more comfortable to buy the correct holster for the gun to begin with. I've got a VM2 for a 4", Commander, and 5" Govt. I'm covered!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I am a fully rotund man and I have absolutely no problem with IWB carry in a VMII Type holster.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Del Fatti's ISP-LP is practically identical to the VMII except that it doesn't come with a reinforced mouth band. I own one and really don't find it to be that big of an issue unless you really had to do a quick reholster.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts