1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of screwing around with cheap IWB holsters for my Kimber full size pistol, and have decided to spend the money to "Do it right". I've paid the same as at least 2 good holsters over the years in all of the cheaper holsters I've bought. I don't mind waiting for a VM2 holster, but wonder if any commercial vendors can beat the Milt Sparks website price. Anyone know of a "Best price" on a VM2?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
UnSafe,

Milt Sparks' price is usually the best. The products are top notch, and priced accordingly. In fact, many people here have paid a little more just to get it now. Lighning Arms Sports Inc., keeps many Sparks product in stock. There is a link at the top of this page.

Be well!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
If my memory serves me, Brownell's has the Sparks SS2 cheaper than direct, and has them in stock.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've never done business with them but I've read very good reviews on the forum... http://www.lightningarms.com/ has the Sparks holsters in stock with no waiting. I believe they charge a premium over the Sparks website, which is only fair since you won't have to go through the 8 week wait. If $20 or $30 means that much to you, and you can wait the 8 weeks, directly from Sparks is most likely going to be the cheapest route.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just got my Milt Sparks from LS

just a quick note. I just left comments I order my 55BN OWB for my Kimber Pro on Saturday received it today from Lightning Sports. I too wanted a better holster and did not want the wait.. They charge a little more then waiting 8 to 10 weeks but to me it was well worth having the good Sparks holster in hand in two days!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just an echo to ddpelp's post above mine.

Lightning Arms is where I've gone for 3 different holsters. I did pay a premium, but I got it within days of ordering. That would be enough for me right there.

However, Craig always remembers me and where I'm calling from. He does the "little things" that are virtually unknown in customer service these days.

Thus, he will continue to get first crack at my business, but I have to buy some more guns first. He's outfitted my entire holster requirement.

Check them out.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In all honesty, I don't think it's a matter of price but rather availability.

If you can get the VM-2 from LAS, get it!

If they don't have it, order one from Milt Sparks and along with it, a belt.

I waited 61 days for my holster and belt and let me tell you, it was worth the wait!

I also sold a Milt Sparks holster and belt to two folks who not only appreciate quality, and they didn't have to wait from Milt Sparks.

If you can't find it, order it! You'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yep, you'll pay for convenience but you might not be so lucky with the VM-2.they seem to be hard to keep in stock at LAS.I made the mistake of waiting a week to decide and then they were all out.LAS's customer service is top notch though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get the VM2, you'll wonder what took so long. I recommend LAS highly, great service and people. I've worn Sparks SS and EX holsters for years, but the new VM has them beat. It carries my KImber CDP full size in all day comfort.
Cheap at any price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts