1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Versa Max 2 yesterday and I am very pleased. I ordered it in black for my Springfield TRP. When I ordered it the gentleman mentioned that Springfield's frames are a bit larger than some other 1911's so he would make sure to fit it to my gun. When I opened the box I was instantly amazed at the quality of the leather and the impeccable attention to detail. In the past I have always worn Galco or Kydex. Galco is good, but Milt Sparks is much better.

When I inspected the inside of the holster, I noticed that there was a perfectly molded space for every part of my TRP. The safety, grip texture, and slide serrations match up perfect. Unlike other holsters I have had, the VM2 is molded on BOTH sides. Not just the outside. I also enjoy the perfectly cut sweat protector that also covers the inside safety and prevents it from moving.

The fit, construction, and leather quality make it the best IWB holster I have ever owned.

It is very comfortable and my 1911 withdraws fast and smoothly. There was virtually no break-in time needed. It slipped in smartly from the first try. It retains the gun confidently, but lets go easily.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for the perfect IWB.

Cheers,

Zane

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cheers Indeed! Good post. That puts me back to square one on deciding on the VM2 or Watch Six.

Ho, Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!

------------------
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness never owned a good 1911.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Get both! I'm sure I'll be ordering a Watch Six Dual Talon in the near future for those times I'm wearing lighter slacks and need a slimmer holster.

Ohmigod, that's just how my wife sounds when she wants yet another purse! AIIIIGGHHHH!

------------------
Steve "El Roto" G.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony,

You are very welcome!

I appreciate that you folks are making such fine holsters. I will only buy Milt Sparks from now on and will recommend it to my friends and family.

Now- the only problem I have is that my wife wants a VM2 for her Walter P99 and you guys are swamped with orders and can't take on a custom job right now. Maybe I shouldn't have showed her my VM2.

I guess it is a good problem for MS to have. It's a lot better than not having enough orders to work on.

Keep setting your standards high.

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts