1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my VM2. I'm truly impressed by the quality and craftsmanship. It fits my 4'' 1911 perfectly. I would like to try to keep this post VM2 holsters, pictures, accessories and comparisons only! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I just received my VM2. I'm truly impressed by the quality and craftsmanship. It fits my 4'' 1911 perfectly. I would like to try to keep this post VM2 holsters, pictures, accessories and comparisons only! Thanks in advance!

Well then get on it man! Pics or it didn't happen. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts

Good idea; since there's never been a thread like that before. :biglaugh:

(ok, I'm having a smarta$$ moment :D )

·
Premium Member
20,427 Posts
Three different size 1911's, three VM2's! Great choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VM2 pictures..

I'm charging my camera as I type this. I'm not the most computer savvy out there, so bare with me. I'll do my best to get photos up ASAP. Did anyone notice it was a bit "stiff" when breaking in? (Please don't assume I'm a moron, I understand there is generally a break in period with leather anything. Will it eventually form, and fit my body better, or is this going to pretty much be it?)
I also wanted to go over a question that i couldn't find the answer to. When buying a VM2 for a commander pistol, get the "commander" holster. Milt Sparks makes the VM2 in a 4.0'' and a 4.25''. With that being said get the one that fits your gun. A 4.0'' will fit in a 4.25'' holster, and be "pretty good" and much better than most other fits, however they do make two different models.
Last everyone knows the IWBs are supposed to be worn on the back-side hip. However not everyone wears it there. How do you wear yours?

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Horse VMII,Cordovan

I like it when holster makers show both sides,with and without gun.

PS:I wear the VMII right at 3:00. More concealable there for my bod;and more comfortable than further back.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
I'm charging my camera as I type this. I'm not the most computer savvy out there, so bare with me. I'll do my best to get photos up ASAP. Did anyone notice it was a bit "stiff" when breaking in? (Please don't assume I'm a moron, I understand there is generally a break in period with leather anything. Will it eventually form, and fit my body better, or is this going to pretty much be it?)
I also wanted to go over a question that i couldn't find the answer to. When buying a VM2 for a commander pistol, get the "commander" holster. Milt Sparks makes the VM2 in a 4.0'' and a 4.25''. With that being said get the one that fits your gun. A 4.0'' will fit in a 4.25'' holster, and be "pretty good" and much better than most other fits, however they do make two different models.
Last everyone knows the IWBs are supposed to be worn on the back-side hip. However not everyone wears it there. How do you wear yours?
Commander is 4.25". 4" are primarily Kimber and I think someone else makes a 4". Both my 4" Kimber's are carried in commander holsters. One of these days I'll order or come across a 4" and have an exact fit.

·
Registered
437 Posts
How long it it take?? Odered mine on 1 July..............only 2 more months to wait!! :bawling:

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I have two VMII's, one for my four inch and one for my full size 1911's. Every time I think about my VMII's, I'm reminded of that old phrase, "you get what you pay for."

Some of the best gun related money I've ever spent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like it's sharkskin. I ordered one a month ago, then I got a offer to buy a brand new VM2 in cowhide for 130.00 while I wait. Couldn't pass it up. Now I'm a bit more "patient". Still cannot wait to get my Horse/Shark holster!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Looks like it's sharkskin. I ordered one a month ago, then I got a offer to buy a brand new VM2 in cowhide for 130.00 while I wait. Couldn't pass it up. Now I'm a bit more "patient". Still cannot wait to get my Horse/Shark holster!
Mine is horse/shark as well, in cordovan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts