1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
yep, the ranch rifle has the scope base cast into the receiver, and a lousy flip up rear sight. the regular mini's rear sight are alot better. btw the ranch rifles eject the brass at a high velocity about 20 or 30 feet to the right, thus as you shoot down range, your brass will cover your right flank.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yep that's it. if you shoot at a public range make sure you staple a peice of cardboard on the post to the right of you. i almost got into it with some guys because my casings were hitting them all the way over in the 28th stall. i was in the 22nd

fun gun. get either.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I read these posts and am almost laughing to hard to type.
I traded my mini for a ranch rifle and first outing I laid down a barrage of casings on the shooters 20 feet to my right. they were scrambling around like they were being shot at. I figured this out after my 30 rd rapid fire sequence. MUCH appoligies followed.:D
Only other dif is the scope mounts.
Pilk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Isn't there also a change to the Ranch Rifle to lessen recoil so as to note shake the tar out of your scope?

·
Registered
853 Posts
USGuns said:
Isn't there also a change to the Ranch Rifle to lessen recoil so as to note shake the tar out of your scope?
No; the actions and springs are identical. Furthermore, since the recoil of my Browning A-Bolt in .30-06 hasn't hurt my Leupold it is a forgone conclusion that the puny recoil of the Mini isn't going to damage a scope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts