1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! Second post. My wife and I own a Colt MK IV 1911 .45, Remington 1187 12ga, Soviet Russian Nagant .762 revolver(see WTB thread), Higgins .22 revolver, S&W .32 revolver, Remington .22 semi-auto rifle, Ruger .22 Single Six revolver. My buddy is an avid gun trader, and we shoot occaisionally. I'm here to learn about the firearms we have as-is, upgrades and trends. I'm also interested in the community of avid firearms owners. I am just an owner. I want to become more involved with the cause against the impending threats to our US 2nd ammendment rights. I won't go off on a political rant here. I just wanted to introduce myself. Knoxville, TN checking in.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,334 Posts
That's a nicely diverse collection. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
For being ignorant of firearms you sure have a nice collection of them! How did that happen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For being ignorant of firearms you sure have a nice collection of them! How did that happen?
My wife's first husband (RIP) acquired most of the firearms. The Colt was his first anniversary present from her. I inherited possession when she and I tied the knot. With all due repect, I make no claim to the rights of these firearms, other than possession. Should one of the sons (my step-sons) ever show interest in owning their fathers arms, my wife and I would pass them on as their rightful inheritance. It's only right. I doubt that day will arise, though.

Good observation, flyinrock!

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Welcome from Canada!

Can't help with your 2A issues, as we Canadians never had 'em in the first place. But I know a thing or three about 1911s. You're on your own with that Russian Nagent, though. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome from the Oak Hammock

:cool: Welcome from Rural Florida where American Patriots still live.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on a great collection!

This Forum is an incredible treasure chest of information. You will learn a great deal here, I most certainly have.

One other suggestion...as you stated, even though you shoot occasionally with your buddy, I would encourage you to become active in a range/club. Folks there can also provide you with additional gun knowledge perspective.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts