1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little annoyed with a recent Charles Daly ad I saw in a magazine:

The ad shows a close-up of a Charles Daly pistol lying on top of an assortment of shooting medals. Now, the text of the ad doesn't state that that particular pistol (or any CD pistol, for that matter) was used to win those medals, but the picture certainly suggests that. And since one of the medals shown is a CMP medal, and since NONE of the CD pistols are legal for CMP service pistol matches, there's no way that any CD pistol was used to win that medal.

It's a good looking ad and I can understand that the people at the ad agency probably didn't know squat about competitive pistol shooting, but the fact that it's misleading still bothers me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for your post.

Our ad is intended to imply that you can win some of these medals with the Charles Daly. If/when some medals are won with our gun we will certainly incorporate that into our advertising. We see no harm in showing the potential of these pistols.

As for the CMP medal. That indeed is an error and should not be included in the ad. Thanks for pointing that out to us.

Regards,
Charles Daly

·
Registered
233 Posts
i seen the ad,and as a consumer-i thought that it was attractive advertisment.ive also seen ads from other gunmakers-that could be considered false advertisment,but they wernt,as far as i know.the daly is no exception,all things or possilble. im not no ANNIE OAKLEY but i have a copy of the firearms she used,needless to say i cant shoot like her,but it doesnt mean it cant be done.charles daly is only a name of many makes and modles of firearms,daly quality. that what good advertisment about.that how i see it as a consumer.if i seen a bird on ad i wouldnt assume my 1911 is a duckgun ha just kidding,just ading a little light & humor.

------------------

·
Registered
610 Posts
You mean to tell me that if I got some .45ACP shotshells, I couldn't duck hunt with my CD? I am sorely disappointed.

Steve

------------------
"Not having thought what should have been thought, not having said what should have been said, not doing what should have been done, I beg thee forgive me, O Father." paraphrase from the 13th Warrior

1 - 4 of 4 Posts