·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I never thought I would admit it.... but I miss being on the HPD here in SC

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
It took me years to get over the job. I'm not certain I am completely withdrawn even now.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
First couple of years, no. I couldn't wait to retire. Now that its been three, yep I miss it:bawling:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did what was called ICE, Interstate Crime Enforcement
I ran from the two mile marker at GA/SC line to the 33 mile marker North and
South
We have 17, I-95 and 321 running right thru city limits and thats all major drug runner territory. I could tell you story's that would make your hair stand on end.

My partner (rookie) got killed on 95 during a drug stop that wasn't what we expected. He was shot 5 times in the face with a 12 gauge, I made a hood ornament out of one suspect, pinned one with his legs between another patrol car and shot one 15 times and was tactical reloading when he fell, naturally I was brought up on unnecessary use of force....got dropped in court
But I still miss the chase

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a F.I. for one of the 3-letter agencies now, but I do miss the good old days. It's funny, but if I ever went back to the job, I'd want to go back to patrol on midnights. Those were the best of times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
miss it

I retired almost 7 years ago after doing 34 in a dept. that had 10,000 sworn. That really makes you feel like an item number. The good thing is I got a chance to work many different jobs: Jails, courts, patrol, detectives, IA, etc. and I worked with a lot of good people. I don't miss the job, but I do sometimes miss the people. When I start feeling nostalgic, I send out a mass e-mail to those retirees that are local to me and we meet for breakfast or lunch just to shoot the bull and generally relive yesteryear. Retirement is good. Stainless1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts