1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Springfield 1911 Loaded in stainless.
It came with 3 mags(2 Wilson combat, one stocker) and the gun.
It has ILS. Where can I get a replacement ILS key?
What else do these come with?

I got a good price, but just want to have all the pieces.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sure a call to Springfield will get you a replacement key. EDIT: As far as what was originally included from the factory when new, I can only guess. The pistol may have come with a cable lock or a cheapo bore brush, but again, I'm not sure. Others may have a better idea.

An ILS key would be right up there with an Owner's Manual among the top "liability deflectors". I'll bet they send you one for free ASAP along with an Owner's Manual if you ask. The manual can be downloaded at Springfield's website as well.

Who knows... they might send you a Loaded Coupon (good for cheap mags/etc) if you ask 'em nicely.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Here is a good idea - get a replacement MSH and do away with the ILS. It will improve the trigger as well.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Ya don't need to replace the main spring housing, just the internals. You can if you want, of course.

Here's what you need (Brownells part numbers).

Mainspring Cap (160-116-135)
Mainspring Cap Pin (160-116-130)
Mainspring Retainer Pin (160-116-132)
Mainspring (087-045-919) -- pack of 5.

As long as you're ordering parts ditch the full length recoil spring guide too!

Recoil spring guide (160-119-200)
Recoil spring plug (stainless) (160-119-211)

-- Chuck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like this gun.

But I blew it up.

I had a double charge. The Cocobolo grips flew off in pieces, and a few specs of shrapnel hit my cheek. I am okay and the gun is fine except for the grips.

Also, my Wilson Combat 8rnd mag blew apart. But I can fix the magazine with new follower and spring. Follower disappeared and the spring is bent out of shape.

The rear Novak sight was adjusted a little bit. So I adjusted it back.

I am going to have a gunsmith go over the gun, before I take back to range.

Glad I was wearing my safety glasses. I always do.

I had done a light charge of W231 with the Hornady 230gr FMJ. I must have double-pumped the progressive press and not noticed.

I'll post pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts