1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cannot wait to pickup my gun on Tuesday (I am on the mandatory Kalifornia waiting period), I drove by the store today just to ask if I can see my pistol since it was not busy ( This pistol is brand new, I special ordered and the box seals were removed in front of me when I put down my payment). Anyways, I insert the mag and it wont stay in. Hmmmm that is weird, upon closer inspections, the Mag release button is sunken in, it wont pop out.

The salesman calls the manager to have a look at the pistol, the salesman's first guess was that the mag release spring is missing (He said he has seen this many times). So the manager being a qualified gunsmith also, takes the mag release button off and just as the salesman suspected, there was no spring.

So being anal about the amount of quality control this gun might have received at SA, I told them I want a new gun, they said no problem, they ran a change of serial number DROS and promised me that a new gun will be there on my pickup day. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.:mummy:

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Sounds like good customer service from the dealer. Glad to hear about it. I hear too many horror stories about the dealer with a bad attitude on stuff like this.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't get another pistol, won't that add another 15 days for your waiting period? Just have SA send you a new spring. It'll take a whoppin 2 minutes to install it.

That lapse in QC has me a little concerned too. They certainly would have noticed that if it was ever test-fired. Saw a thread on the S&W pages where the bore was out of axis at the muzzle by .05" !! :mad: So I guess SA isn't the only manufacturer that drops the ball sometimes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said a change of serial number does not affect the delivery date. So i said I am cool with the new gun then :) . Actually, the manager said he has a spring somewhere and he was going to fix and QC the gun himself. I actually tried to see if I can change pistols without resetting the wait period, but they said i cannot do that.

They also told a story of a para-ordnance coming from the factory with a live bullet in the chamber.

·
Registered
117 Posts
zoomTT said:
They said a change of serial number does not affect the delivery date. ... I actually tried to see if I can change pistols without resetting the wait period, but they said i cannot do that.
QUOTE]

???? so the delivery date doesn't change. or does it?

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
We sell 150 or so 1911's each year . Never had one missing the mag catch spring or any spring .

We did have a Kimber 22 rifle ship in direct from Kimber with a loaded magazine :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hack said:
zoomTT said:
They said a change of serial number does not affect the delivery date. ... I actually tried to see if I can change pistols without resetting the wait period, but they said i cannot do that.
QUOTE]

???? so the delivery date doesn't change. or does it?

delivery date is the same :rock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts