1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my IWB Mitch Rosen ARG today.Can you believe a 18 week wait till they send it out?

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them up and they said all they carry are the express line holsters.I wanted one that is hand boned.But Thanks for the info, if I wanted a express line holster I could of saved 17 weeks.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
They must've been low in stock.
I bought an ARG from them a couple months ago. Did you try Terry Peters? He carries Rosen holsters too.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who is Terry Peters?How do you like your ARG?Did you get the mag holder as well?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
The ARG is a functional holster; albeit, the holster is way overpriced. Yes, I got the ARGM mag holder too.

Personally, I use www.c-rusty.com for my IWB holster now a days. All his holsters are made out of horsehide. Plus, it's thinner then my ARG-DL.

As for Terry Peters, he runs www.pt-partners.com down in Texas. You can try emailing him but he's going in the hospital for a short bit. Terry is a great guy to deal with and many of the members on this forum will attest to that!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
One other note, I didn't like the ARG but do like the ARG-DL. The ARG-DL keeps my full size 1911 in the same position at all times. On the other hand, there was too much movement with the ARG. That extra loop on the DL does wonders.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I'll second Son's & Dane's opinions. The ARG is too unstable and I much prefer the Alessi DOJ (straight drop) or the Alessi GWH (canted) to anything Rosen offers because Lou is a nice guy and Rosen is an overpriced ass IMO.

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
Blinder,
Strong words...."an overpriced ass..." I take it you had some prior dealings with the man?

For those of you who like the Alessi/Heine DOJ and the Alessi/Burns GWH you should really try the Alessi/Burns ACP. Matches the angle of the GWH so you can alternate your OWB and your IWB and keep the same draw stroke. It makes things rather simple.

Dang that was a lot of acronyms in a short paragraph!

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
.38 Super,

I would second Son's opinion here...the ARG is ok for an IWB but for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want to wait that long for a freaking holster. There are plenty of good holsters and even great holsters out there that are more available, and priced much better.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
LW, yes, they are strong words and yes, I have had prior dealings with Rosen. I just don't like the idea of waiting an excessive time, paying an aggregious sum and then having to deal with a pompous, arrogant jerk who doesn't think customer service is important. Other than that, I highly reccomend Rosen. Think I'll stick with Alessi and Milt Sparks where they care about pleasing their customers.

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
Blinder,

I was just curious as to your dealings with him. I was kinda comparing notes...I prefer Alessi myself.

Enough said on Mr. Rosen.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
I've had quite a bit of dealings with Mitch and his holsters. I started with the ARG, which I found to be very unstable on the belt as soon as I put it on. I sold it and instead started using his Uncle Sal's Decision (USD). All of my guns have a cordovan/black shark trim USD. For a more "mature" waistline that some of us have, the ARG just won't hack it. It's for skinny guys with no "overhang". I needed a holster with a wider base along the beltline.

Mitch is a very "strong personality", shall we say? But my impression is he respects strength in others. Life is filled with challenging people. I've never had any customer service problems with him, and we chat whenever I call. True, his personality is not like a Dane Burns or Matt DelFatti or any number of more friendly types. But patience brings a great product with Rosen, and I guess I'm just used to dealing with opinionated people.

Now as for other holster people, I've found some great customer-friendly and conversational types in Matt DelFatti (through email correspondence, at least) who just made me a great basket weave IWB for my Baer TR (thanks to intro from Dane Burns). And Lou Alessi is the consummate gentleman in his communication on the Forum and dealing with customers. Along with the fact that everyone seems to love his holsters (I'll add one soon).

The only thing I'd encourage Mitch R. to do is participate in this Forum more, and let his hair down a bit with the members. But, since that may not happen, know that he can be a bit irrascible--but he's honest, makes a great product, and has some great stories to tell.

Just my two cents on the matter....

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Almost forgot to mention I just received Rosen's shoulder rig and it is an incredible piece of work! Very simple, elegant design. No tie-downs or any other kinds of bells and whistles. Anyone considering a shoulder rig should consider his, absolutely impressive!

Now, with that said, I haven't experienced any of the other popular holstersmith's shoulder rigs to compare, but the Rosen is a winner!

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

G

·
0 Posts
I OWN A ARG. Ordered and waited some time. They missed the delivery date considerable. Only when I called to cancel did they ship in 3 days. I felt like the loop was short in that it causes the belt to pull up rather than on a staight line. Since I wear pleated dockers and one specific loop on the pants is next to the loop on the holster it binds the pants loop and I am concerned that all my loops over time will come unstitched because of the pressure. I talked to Mitch............his recomendations was to move the location of this one loop on all my pants.
I now wear other holsters (summer special and summer special 2) and have no problems.

You can draw your own conclusions.

------------------
NRA Life Member

Just Happy To Be Here!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I felt like the loop was short in that it causes the belt to pull up rather than on a staight line.
That is a result of stitching the mounting loops on without a spacer between the holster and the loop. When the loop is sewn on or assembled in that manner, the top of the waistband of the pants can only ride up to where the leather is pinched together at the point of assembly. Couple that with a tight loop on the belt and the belt gets pulled even with the top of the pants resulting in an unnatural appearance.

If anybody who owns a VM-2 ever wondered what the reason was for the spacer on the detachable loop? Well, now you know. We go through the extra trouble of putting it there specifically to remedy the above problem.

Of course since the holster is going to be covered up anyway, I suppose you can't really call it a function problem, but one of aesthetics. Details matter!

Tony

------------------
Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc
www.miltsparks.com
[email protected]
Second Best is not an option

G

·
0 Posts
THANKS TONY FOR THE FEED BACK. I have nothing but good response you. (Just recently ordered a summer special for my partners SW.) Your right it is not a function problem but is a problem when it damages or could damage dress pants. Just a little extra attention or extra 1/4" drop on on the loop and this problem would go away. For me it was as much attidude as anything.

------------------
NRA Life Member

Just Happy To Be Here!

·
Banned
802 Posts
Tony's reply to this thread says it all.

Why spend more money for an inferior design and poor customer service from Rosen? (My words, not Tony's) To me it just doesn't make sense. From the moment I first holstered a 1911 in my first Sparks holster (an EX bought at Gunsite) I haven't looked back. I just bought a VMII for a 1911 that is being built and it's outstanding. The detectives in my platoon can't make that I have a 1911 on under a sweatshirt, and believe me, they have great eyes for concealed guns.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

1 - 20 of 26 Posts