1911Forum banner

Mitchell 1911

907 3
Any info on these? I have a chance to pickup up a brand new one in the box for $300. It is a gold series. Thanks in advance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Mitchell went out of business about 3 years ago. They made a pretty nice pistol, but I think they were priced too high. CDNN sold off the left over guns at about $300.00. My buddy still has one and really likes it, shot many rounds out of it with no trouble. I`d say grab it for $300 and enjoy...

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks appreciate the info. I will let you know if I do snatch it up.

· Registered
983 Posts
I had one years ago, frame and slide were made by foster ind. the bull barrel was decent, the main spring housing was checkered, the ambi and grip safeties were usable. beyond that the rest of the gun was a POS. within the first 1000 rounds, both front and rear sights fell off, the trigger bow was warped, and the metal the bow was made of varied in thickness. it would not feed hardball realiably, due to a slight ridge that ran up the middle of the feed ramp. and if you put a shock buff on the full length guide rod, the slide will not lock back. the bottom edge of the slide is sharp, and if you shoot thump high, it will slice your thumb. after a lot of foul language,filing and replacing most of the internals, it became a hell of a shooter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.