1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MO CCW on hold

Judge Ohmer made the temporary injunction blocking CCW in Mo permanent. Off to the Supreme court it goes now.

Fron moccw.org mailing list:

11/7/03) St. Louis Circuit Court Judge Ohmer asked attorneys for all parties in the lawsuit to assemble in the courtroom at high noon. Judge Ohmer handed down a ruling on the Temporary Injunction blocking the
implementation of the new License To Carry (LTC) law in Missouri. The judge made the Temporary Injunction Permanent. He did this based on the Article I Section 23 issue. We will be appealing to the MOSC. More to follow as soon available. Do not call me as I need to keep the phone lines
open to talk to the lawyers.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I can't beleive that this is in jeopardy of passing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I hate to be negative on this but I have feeling that the supreme is going to vote the same way. I urge people to express the legal right to open carry. Missouri is truley one f****d up state.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
Nuts. Maybe a change of the State nickname is in order?

The "Help Me!" State has a nice ring to it.

That your constitution says that the right to bear arms doesnt apply to concealed weapons is stupid. But nonetheless any idiot understands that it would still be proper for a law to be passed allowing it. The constitution doesnt forbid it.

Whats the procedure to amend the constitution in Missouri? Maybe you guys should just try to go that route if all else fails.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
cdh67 said:
Actually if the Supreme Court rules to uphold the ruling,that could put other states CCW laws in trouble.
No it couldnt. The issue, which isnt honestly believed by anyone I might add, is specifically about a provision of the MO constitution.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Correct but there is other states that have a a cause like MO. If Mos new ccw is deemed unconstitutional other states could also follow suite. But MO is violating the constitution by making there constitution more restrictive then the federal one.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
I see what you are saying but the MO Supreme Court doesnt have jurisdiction over those other states.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Correct , but look at lawsuits. When someone wins in one state other states start in with lawsuits also.I know that doesnt mean anything but somedays it seems as if we are going to lose the right to have guns.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Twenty five states other then Missouri have the same or similar language in their state constitutions. These states already have CCW laws in place and I'm told that some have withstood court challenges. These states should help MO to win our lawsuit, infact if we don't I think that other courts will laugh at us rather then allow constitutional challenge to their existing laws. Keep up the faith. Larry

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Well if the Missouri Supreme Court rules against CCW, than that means no one in Missouri has the right to carry concealed including the judges that now exercise that right. I also believe this will include Law Enforcement, as I don't see how they can go against a constitution they are sworn to up hold.
The papers keep talking about how this was voted down by the people, it was not, it was voted down by illegal election results that took place in St. Louis Missouri.
Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
228 Posts
Today's Springfield News-Leader seemed to indicate (by my inference only) that the state Supreme Court was not in any hurry to take this up.

Does anybody know anything different?

·
Registered
123 Posts
From what I have heard is it will be several months before they even decide when to hear it. It could months after that before they decide.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Typical polictical ploy, nothing more than a way to get even for ole one term Bob being slapped around. To show how out of touch ole one term is with reality, he made a statement in the paper that CCW would allow guns to be carried in schools, its very evident that he has not even read the bill he vetoed.
In yesterdays paper I see where St. Louis is at it again, yes sir another illegal election. This time it was a mayors race, same old thing that happened before, dead people, dogs and people that don't even exist all had a chance to vote, any bets on what polictical affiliation we are dealing with here. It seems to me that ole one term and the Missouri Supreme court would be better served straightening out this corruption in St. Louis so the people in Missouri could be proud to be from this state. However we all know they can't do that or they would never be elected.
Oh by the way here's a new sloagan they can hang from the arch
"St. Louis Home Of The Illegal Elections".
Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hunter Customs said:
To show how out of touch ole one term is with reality, he made a statement in the paper that CCW would allow guns to be carried in schools, its very evident that he has not even read the bill he vetoed.
Not only that but he said they could also be carried in hospitals and day-care centers. I almost ****e when I saw that. Not to mention that now all of a sudden he says he vetoed it because he didn't think it was constitutional. Funny I never heard him mention that until now. Ol' one term, I like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts