1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A really nice early 1900s rifle (sold then as the model 8) made up to the beginning of WW II. Remington made, designed by Browning. Mostly in .35 Remington, but other calibers are sometimes encountered. Made in several grades. The Law Enforcement variant had a 10 or 20 round removable magazine and was used by the FBI often. This is the civilian hunting version, called the Woodsmaster by Remington. Perhaps you have seen the old Remington ad of the western hunter meeting the grizzly on a trail good only for one. It is one of these in his hand. The safety was copied into the AK series. The bolt and firing pin was copied into the Johnson MG design. The rollers to the M-1. The magazine release of the LE version was copied into the M-14. Something for everyone. It also takes deer very well.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
it is a unique rifle with a unique history, I know a fella with an 8 in .35 remington. Recoil is a non issue and the .35 is fine whitetail medicine around here. you have a nice example. when I saw it, I thought of the AK selector.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. I queried Remington about the serial # and some other stuff when I got it and they advised it was made in 1937. Since it was therefore 80 years old, I decided to celebrate its birthday this year by taking a deer with it. All came out well and the rifle had a good time.

A pretty reliable and very accurate piece of period Americana.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts