1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a chance to pick up a newer style whinchester 94 short bbl trapper carbine with the large loop. 325 out the door, only been fired three times and is in like new condition. Is this a good price???

Chevys rule !!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'd say it was good. A local store has a new one for $325 (in 30-30, pistol calibers are about $25 more), but it doesn't have the large loop. If the big loop is from the factory I believe the name is the Wrangler, not the Trapper. I think the Wranglers cost more, and I don't think they make them anymore.

And yes, Chevy's rule :D.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks guys I think I will go try to do a little tradding tomorrow :)

I love leverguns and have Model 94 22 lr, goldenboy 22 mag, and model 94 30-30 with a 20 inch bbl, my Dad has the good ones model 86's and 71's :) so it runs in the blood :)

Chevy's Rule!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a 94 Trapper in .44 Mag and another in .30-30...two of my favorite lever guns. Anything hovering in the $300-$350 range especially out the door including tax and gun check is a good deal. K1500 is correct. The Wrangler is no longer made and when it was it was a litle higher than the Trapper. $325 is a very fair price...possibly even in the "steal" category.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey guys,

Thanks for the insite. Went into the shop with a rearsinaled Balester Molina, and a rem 870 project gun. Walked out with a near new model 94 and $55 in my pocket. don't think I did just too bad. Don't worry I still have another Balester and Springfiels 1911 in my colection:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts