1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group:

Also need a lightweight frame.

I think Colt used to have the CCO and now Thunderanch has a officers lightweight frame with a commander slide. I also like a firing pin safety.

Any other in this config? S&W has the Scandium frame but its a fullsize frame.

Is a used CCO my only option? :confused:

Thx

Paul

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The Baer Stinger is available with an aluminum frame. You won't find a better CCO this side of a full blown Custom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
available used, hard to find, is the SA "compact" -- officer frame and champion (4" not 4 1/4" barrel) slide. i have two lightweights with aluminum frames. i think they were also made with steel frames.

this is a great cc size. the slide to frame dimensions look and feel better proportioned than the officer model. with aluminum frame and full mag, the balance is excellent.

something like this from any maker would be a great acquisition.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kimber Compact

I think I found the Kimber Compact, seems to fit the bill.

Also the Springfield Compact has been discontinued, but would sell for less used. I don't believe it has a firing pin safety though.

The gunsite\Thunderanch is about $1200.

I'd like to keep the price below $800.

Colt did make the CCO in the late nineties I believe. A used one would probably go for more than $800.

Thx! :rock:

Any other entries?

Paul

·
Registered
529 Posts
The SA Compact model uses a titanium firing pin with a regular series 70 style setup. The light weight of the firing pin allows it to pass drop tests such as those used by CA.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
The Para P-13 comes to mind. They may have other models now as well in SS. They do offer a LDA model as well that fits your description.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts