1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked in a previous post why the edit function of a post is not working on what appears to be one post. Why would this be? Why would this function not work on just one particular post? (Uvalde)
Not sure where to ask this but will check back later after video conference. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,554 Posts
If your post was more than 24 hours old, even under the old platform, you cannot edit it. You can quote it, but not edit it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your post was more than 24 hours old, even under the old platform, you cannot edit it. You can quote it, but not edit it.
That is not the case in much older posts I have recently added to or edited. Do you have an example or rule to show me where this has ever been explained or shown? I am going to another older post as I have previously done and see if that is the case. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,554 Posts
As I stated… I just edited this post:
So not being able to edit a post is not the case. Perhaps someone else knows why?
Not sure what is going on, perhaps this question would be better referred to our site tech support staff. I did find an old thread about this from before the platform software upgrade that occurred in September 2020, this question was asked in April of that year on the old platform. Link: Edit my post? | 1911Forum

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the Site Questions and Suggestions sub-forum for the tech support staff to answer.

Reactions: FDM1

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what is going on, perhaps this question would be better referred to our site tech support staff. I did find an old thread about this from before the platform software upgrade that occurred in September 2020, this question was asked in April of that year on the old platform. Link: Edit my post? | 1911Forum

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the Site Questions and Suggestions sub-forum for the tech support staff to answer.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had a run on sentence and wanted to add a comment on one of my posts and the function does not work on that post. I am not sure why other than content of thread? If that is the case why would that be? I double checked other post and the edit function operated correctly on those If you need me to send you thread please advise and I will attach, I have had that occur on a couple of posts in the past but thought it was just a system problem and never pursued it further.

Very strange indeed. I just went to thread and checked on the 2nd post I put in the same thread because of not being able to edit 1st post and add another comment the edit function worked on the 2nd post but still unable to edit and add to my first post in the same thread. I will be very interested to know why this is happening. Not sure I have ever experienced that on any forum but this one.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
1,094 Posts
Check out this FAQ:

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was never able to edit the post in any given time frame. What would the reason for not being able to edit be in one particular thread? I will get the link and provide in next post.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know how to edit a post. The problem is I cannot edit this post and add content to it. I spoke with someone today on another site that explained the edit function can only be disabled by the administrator for a variety of reasons. This thread is the one in question:
The post I have not been able to edit is 5th down from the OP first page of thread. Please explain why just my post on this 1st page cannot be added to or edited. The criteria you mentioned was never exceeded. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not seeing any edit restrictions on your account.

Jeff
Jeff, thanks for looking but I still cannot on this post only edit it. I am curious though what would cause a restriction of editing on an account? Is it possible perhaps another mod or someone in authority took issue with it? If that were the case what other possibilities would disable my edit ability in just one particular post? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No clue, I was just able to edit it.

Just report what you want to be removed and the mod/admin team can edit it for you.

Jeff
Hii Jeff, I wasn’t trying to remove anything I was trying to add links and correct a run-on sentence. It is unimportant now since I just added a second post because I could not get edit function to work in just that post. Very strange.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts