1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes, They are without a doubt the best bullets I've ever used. I use the 230fmj. I use montana's in everything I shoot. I dont use lead or plated bullets just jacketed. They're a little more expensive but they're worth it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use them as well. They make good products at a reasonable price.

The color's just a little funny. ;-)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Montana Gold makes good bullets. I use their 185 grain JHP in my .45 ACP's and have found them to be a good value. When I am really looking for accuracy (Read that competition loads) I use Nosler's 185 grain JHP. It just seems to shoot better.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Double dittos. I use the 230 grain complete metal jacket. Most of the indoor ranges in Las Vegas have gone lead free. I have found the Montana Gold to be consistent - amazingly +/- no more than 0.1 grain.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
I love them. I just wish Uncle Sam would give me them instead. I shoot the free ones all year, then order a few cases of MG to shoot with at nationals.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Or just call Lecks guns and order five cases and shipping is free.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Actually, living in Tacoma you probably shoot with Tom Kettles who is a MG sponsored shooter and cop. Ask him if maybe they could hook you up with some samples. Tom is a great guy and a fantastic shooter.

If you look at what bullet IPSC shooters have been shooting at Nationals and Area matches, MG is taking over. Three years ago there was like 2%, now its like 50%.

Their JHP bullets are just about a pure copy of the XTP and they shoot just as good. My Super loves them. Bugholes at 25 years.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welchers in Tacoma carries them in bulk. I just bought some there last Saturday and loaded them up but haven't tried them yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts