1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to have my S&W .38 special machined to accept moon clips, but I don't know if such a beast exists for rimmed cases. Thus far all the moon clips I've seen are for rimless (i.e. semi-auto) cases.

Essentially, I want to do it for the faster reload, gaming, neato factor. Does anyone know if they make a moon clip for the .38 special? More importantly, where do I find them?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Clark Custom Guns can do the modification that you are looking for, and supply the necessary 6-shot .38Spl/.357 Mag moon clips to go with it. All you have to send them is your cylinder, and the last time I checked the cost and turn around were both very reasonable.

They do them for S&W J, K, L and N frames (both .357 and .44); Ruger SP101's, GP100's, Redhawks and Super Redhawks and Colt Anacondas in .44Mag and .45 Colt.

Best thing about the Clark conversion is that you can use it with moon clips, a speedloader, or load individually.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/moonclip.htm

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
Tom Kilhoffer of TK Customs sells moonclips for just about every caliber and combo you can ask for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts