1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I was asked to and expected to provide security or the small church I attended. It really was not a change as I carried anyway. For any house of worship to ignore the fact that they might be targeted is just plain ridiculousness. As always, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't you just love it when Billionaires, with an Army of Armed Guards tell other folks how they are going to spend other people's money, how to live, etc.?

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, his malarkey after the Texas church head-shot is that only police should be armed.

And his own security team, of course.
Bloomberg replied after the Texas church shooting:
“It may true, I wasn’t there, I don’t know the facts, that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people,” he said. “But it’s the job of law enforcement to, uh, have guns and to decide when to shoot.” He continued, “You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”

·
Registered
118 Posts
What Bloomberg doesn't understand is that while law enforcement tries very hard to be proactive, one can't be everywhere at once. This means in a lot of cases law enforcement is reactive. That adds up to more dead and injured in an active shooter situation.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Bloomturd completely understands that. He just does not care because it doesn't fit his narrative.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
The fool has no understanding of the Constitution, particularly the Second Amendment. I had not seen his comments in Alabama, but it demonstrates his arrogance and idiocy when it comes to the safety of ordinary citizens. I do love watching him piss away hundreds of millions on his joke of a campaign while political consultants he has hired rub their hand in glee after telling him he has a great chance at the nomination.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
I read this piece of good news:

The Democratic National Committee’s primary rules stipulate that a candidate must win 15 percent of the vote statewide or 15 percent by any congressional district in order to collect any delegates. Internal models do not show Bloomberg above 10 percent in any of the first four early voting states—Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina, where he is intentionally ceding by bypassing campaigning there–or any district in the 15 delegate-rich states set to vote on March 3.
The bad news is this slimeball has so much money, he'll never miss it. If anything it may discourage him from continuing to try to buy the American electorate in the future... hopefully.

·
Administrator
71,901 Posts
I read this piece of good news:

The bad news is this slimeball has so much money, he'll never miss it. If anything it may discourage him from continuing to try to buy the American electorate in the future... hopefully.
Today he announced that he's willing to spend as much as a billion dollars if necessary to buy... ummm, "win" the presidency.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Today he announced that he's willing to spend as much as a billion dollars if necessary to buy... ummm, "win" the presidency.
I think right there, that will be a big turn off to the average American if he is willing to spend that kind of money out of pocket; I can't imagine anyone donating to the Bloomberg campaign... average Joe Blow making $48,000 a year isn't giving that slimeball $100, $10 or a shiny nickel. It is not going to happen, and people who want to vote for a candidate generally give to the campaign, no matter how small the contribution.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
I think right there, that will be a big turn off to the average American if he is willing to spend that kind of money out of pocket; I can't imagine anyone donating to the Bloomberg campaign... average Joe Blow making $48,000 a year isn't giving that slimeball $100, $10 or a shiny nickel. It is not going to happen, and people who want to vote for a candidate generally give to the campaign, no matter how small the contribution.
100%.
Let that assbag spend as much as he can. The more the better. Just a sign of how desperate he is to remain relevant. Just a d-bag of a man.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Let that assbag spend as much as he can. The more the better. Just a sign of how desperate he is to remain relevant. Just a d-bag of a man.
It’s amazing that the 160 million he’ll likely spend only represents or correlates to you or me spending something like .03%....but an assbag nonetheless.
I’d like to see him go on record with a real interviewer regarding 2A so his elitist attitude would come out more (if that’s possible).

Him and judge Judy were in San Antonio, Texas yesterday ‘campaigning’,,,,he’s definitely swinging for the fences.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't know why he is buying so much tv time in Alabama. He sure isn't getting many votes here.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Has this article been posted yet?

This is the elitist, aristocratic, oligarchy our Founders warned us about, manifested
before our very eyes. To arrogant elitists like Bloomberg, the average American is expendable,
and most definitely deplorable. To the gun control elitist, the average American is a peasant
who cannot be trusted to decide what he or she eats, let alone to own firearms.

The truth is, Bloomberg-type gun control fanatics actually fear the average American.

Often times, pompous plutocrats like Bloomberg shout the loudest for more and more gun control,
all while surrounded by a traveling security net of armed guards. After all, they’re not lowly peasants
so they’re much more deserving of protection and security than you are.

The inconvenient truth is that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to safeguard against precisely
Bloomberg’s way of thinking. The purpose of the Second Amendment is to keep power in the hands of
the people. To ensure that government operates at the consent of the governed. This is why we must
never compromise, relinquish or forego exercising this right.

The battle over Second Amendment rights is a symptom of a larger problem in America. Many politicians
fear the fact that ‘We The People’ are the boss. But in their view, ‘We The People’ are ignorant and the
Bloomberg types think they are superior. In overbearing, nanny-state fashion, they clearly know better
than we do, as they have made clear for all who care to listen.

The last thing elitist civilian disarmament fanatics — Moms Who Demand and Everytown shills — want is
for the average American to be “woke” and remind them who is in charge. They hope you are oblivious
and stay that way.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-controllers-bloomberg-and-the-fear-of-the-average-american/

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I had to look up the word "peasant" to be sure.

Wiki:
A peasant is a pre-industrial agricultural laborer or farmer with limited land ownership,
especially one living in the Middle Ages under feudalism and paying rent, tax, fees, or
services to a landlord.

In 21st-century English, the term includes the pejorative sense of "an ignorant, rude,
or unsophisticated person"

The word rose to renewed popularity in the 1940s-1960s as a collective term, often
referring to rural populations of developing countries in general - as the "semantic
successor to 'native', incorporating all its condescending and racial overtones"
Interesting how this word, once an insult to rural folks, now seems to apply more
to "disenfranchised" city dwellers.

In all honesty, a lot of people these days ACT like peasants...

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
I found this amusing:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/small-showing-for-bloomberg-rally-with-judge-judy-despite-campaigns-big-spending
Just 45 people showed up to Bloomberg's latest rally with TV star Judge Judy Sheindlin in Texas on Saturday, according to the New York Post.

“Unlike everyone else in this race, I think what’s important is beating Donald Trump,” Bloomberg told the sparse crowd of fewer than 50 people in San Antonio.
45 people... :biglaugh:

I think he could offer $5000 a head for people to show and he would still fail to get more than 100 people in a hall with him. He could afford it... Right?

Heck with the billion he plans to spend he could easily offer people to show up at his rally for cash on the barrel head. I certainly would show up just so I could boo and heckle him and get thrown out!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I said Trolling is not allowed. Never has been, never will be. Put words in my mouth again and that will be considered trolling. Choose wisely.
I have to call you out on that. People get “trolled” frequently enough on this forum, disagreements and arguments often end with childish names and personal insults being thrown around. Usually someone gets called a lefty, SJW, etc. when that doesn’t even have anything to do with the topic. Instead of the offenders being punished the thread in question just gets locked and these people continue their behavior with impunity. Some have pointed this out, but damn few, maybe because they feel speaking out will merely earn them a ban.

I don’t know why some members are so childish and petty, and why they are allowed to do it. I suppose glass balls must turn to brass behind the safety of a keyboard.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
I said Trolling is not allowed. Never has been, never will be. Put words in my mouth again and that will be considered trolling. Choose wisely.
I have to call you out on that. People get “trolled” frequently enough on this forum, disagreements and arguments often end with childish names and personal insults being thrown around. Usually someone gets called a lefty, SJW, etc. when that doesn’t even have anything to do with the topic. Instead of the offenders being punished the thread in question just gets locked and these people continue their behavior with impunity. Some have pointed this out, but damn few, maybe because they feel speaking out will merely earn them a ban.

I don’t know why some members are so childish and petty, and why they are allowed to do it. I suppose glass balls must turn to brass behind the safety of a keyboard.
I'm guessing when you become a Moderator, you get to define things as you want them to be.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts