1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you seem to be sorting by maker. Some makers get a lot of attention, while some get almost none. This may make a place where people can discuss maker specific concerns, have maker specific pow wow's and love fests. Have you considered consolidating into just a few forumns that are model based. This may provide better communication as problems seem to relate to level as much as maker. For example, extractor problems occur on mass produced guns, but should be rare above $1000.

Proposed groups:
Full Custom - Top custom makers. Those smiths that are hand crafting fine 1911's. Burns, Heinie, Vickers, etc. One person shops. $2500 plus

Semi-Custom - Wilson, Brown, etc. Those maker's which are using easy-fit parts and a team of gunsmiths to make custom guns from packages with options.$1000+

Mass Produced - Kimber, Colt, Springfield, Daly, etc

Mil-spec - Milspec guns either from the past or being currently produced.

This may balance your trafffic out better. The Mass Produced group would have tons of traffic, so you may want to split that into Kimber, Daly, Colt, Springfield and Other.

This should give you 8 forumns (Full Custom, Semi-Custom, Kimber, Colt, Daly, Springfield Armory, Other, Mil-spec) of about equal traffic, I believe.

What do other members think?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nathan,
Not a bad idea, but let's not fix something if it isn't broke. Having inidividual manufacturers forums is great for the 1911 novice who wants to research what is out there and make an informed decision before purchase. Grouping all mass produced weapons in one forum would generate alot of flaming due to, "This brand is superior to this brand." 1911 addicts are proud, staunch supporters of the pistols they possess. Might be a good idea to let us all have our own "little playground". Please don't take any offense to this reply, it's just my .02 worth.

stay safe and happy shooting, gf

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may be best. I just thought you were trying to even out traffic by the recent changes. No big deal. So now where do I ask about Valtro? Maybe a general topic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts