Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
There is no retard like a full retard.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
While it is complete BS, I guess I understand where they're coming from, and I at least echo the "sentiment"...while abhor their attempt at restricting the 2nd Amendment.

People who think buying a gun is a "solution" to this epidemic are pretty dumb, and probably not the people you want arming themselves at this moment. Smart ones already own guns.

At least there's a small part of the D's who have that sentiment...But in reality, it's just another attempt to shut down our rights; and it's NOT GOING TO FREAKING WORK!!!

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
...People who think buying a gun is a "solution" to this epidemic are pretty dumb, and probably not the people you want arming themselves at this moment. Smart ones already own guns. ...!
I'm not too sure about that. Some people have postpone buying a gun for self-defense due to monetary issues in the same fashion people have postpone buying a new car or home. The restrictions the authorities look to put in place includes transferring ammo or a gun to a friend or family member.

If things get worse, and looting or civil unrest breaks out, I would like to be able to loan one of many of my guns to a relative, neighbor or friend for self defense.

That is the decent thing to do.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Who would have thought anti gun leftist would be thinking of ways to curtail gun rights in a time of National Emergency.

·
Premium Member
7,714 Posts
I'm not too sure about that. Some people have postpone buying a gun for self-defense due to monetary issues in the same fashion people have postpone buying a new car or home. The restrictions the authorities look to put in place includes transferring ammo or a gun to a friend or family member.

If things get worse, and looting or civil unrest breaks out, I would like to be able to loan one of many of my guns to a relative, neighbor or friend for self defense.

Agreed.....and if it does get to that point, you wont have someone from the city council that pushed that crap taking score!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

Agreed, that's what I'll be doing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Powers to declare emergency?

The question I have is, where in state law does it give the mayor of a town to declare anything let alone ban sales of anything?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am not from IL , but are your guns registered there ?
If not , how would they know you lent a gun to a family member .

·
Premium Member
7,714 Posts
That question has come up before.
Some Ding Dong says that every gun ever made is in a database that can be accessed immediately and lead you to exactly who owns it!!

Yeah, I thought it was funny too.....dood actually argued the point!

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
I suspect everyone in Chenoa knows everyone
else.

Did any of you dunderheads look up the town?

The NRA is a master in the art of Pavlovian responses.

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
I suspect everyone in Chenoa knows everyone
else.

Did any of you dunderheads look up the town?

The NRA is a master in the art of Pavlovian responses.
Seriously? Go elsewhere if you want to bash the NRA. It's not welcome here.

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Don't you see I'm actually praising the NRA in its abilities?
He's pretty sensitive; never seems to look for a pattern of behavior, just pounces on the first thing that gets his hackles up. Waddya gonna do; he's the moderator, so we play by his rule.

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
Uh, I'm about as sensitive as a piece of heat treated steel. But I won't tolerate intentional BS, baiting or trolling. And when I "pounce", it's because someone ain't listening or is intentionally being a dumbass. So. Don't be a dumbass. As for looking for a pattern of behavior, I'm not required to start a federal investigation, present my evidence to a Grand Jury, get a warrant, execute it, then package the case to the prosecutor. One post of dumbassery is all I need. Generally, I give a dude many many chances. My warning to him was just that.

But if you, Dark Lord, need me to clean your clock, just say the word brother.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
UncleEd is trolling. "Dunderheads" is designed to get our hackles up.

Only Leftists in govt would see the "necessity" of restricting gun sales and transfers. Personally I don't consider what they are doing is lawful; it is another way of doing an end-run around our 2nd Amendment rights. They are arrogating power to themselves which they have no right to.

Besides that, we are looking at entering a period of increased lawlessness nationwide. Note that Philadelphia just decided to essentially permit looting, shoplifting, burglary, in fact any nonviolent crime.

The Leftists in govt want chaos. Problem, reaction, solution. They create the problem, the public cries out for a fix, and the solution "magically" appears--and it always results in decreased rights in one way or another. Cows being funneled into the chute that leads to the slaughterhouse would be a good analogy.

The best way, which is unfortunately not immediate, is for people to finally wake up to the tyrannies large and small afflicted upon us by our "public servants"--I mean overlords. A silver lining in the current chaos may well be that there is an awakening to the value of freedom and self-reliance--the very last thing our controllers want--we then vote such people out, and install those who actually have our well-being as their guiding principle in their thoughts and actions.

Edit: a good article to read.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts