1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to our sponsor area. Morpheus has been producing custom watches for about six years now, and we’ve just launched our Temps Militaire (Military Time) brand. Temps Militaire will specialize in unique timepieces with a weapon or military history theme.

Our first two releases are the 1911 .45 Watch, and the M1A2 TANK Watch. Both watches are 45mm in case size, with Swiss made Ronda quartz movements (GMT for the M1A2) and thick non-reflective sapphire crystal (something you usually find in watches selling for over $1,000). They also feature screw down crowns for extra water resistance. These watch variations are all in limited editions and each timepiece is individually numbered on the case back.

Dial features on the 1911 watch include the dial textured in the diamond pattern of the early 1911 grips, the classic nib and screw at the ‘6’ position, and a .45 ACP case back surround for the date window. Numbers are in matching font to early slide texts. The case has slide grooves on the top left, and the texture on the crown face is taken from the front spring plug.
The 1911 watch comes in brushed stainless and black IP retailing for $445, and 18k gold plate for $545. The watches come with leather straps, designed after the initial 1911 holster, with ‘US’ embossed on them, and a matching metal brad.

We’d love to hear ideas on other possible military or weapon themes we can apply to watch designs. We currently have three new watches finishing their initial creative phases (one is firearm related and two are armored vehicle themed), and hope to have them on the market well before the end of the year.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Defined

Producing watches? Please explain.
We design our watches from start to finish and work with watch factories to finalize the product. This process usually takes about two years from start to finish. We begin with rough sketches and then proceed to CAD, and then on to molding, CNC, or whatever technique is best suited for the watch or part. We do not use any generic parts from suppliers for our designs. Everything is unique to our creations. That amounts to a lot of design work and expense for a small company.

Hope that clarifies a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Returns

Hmmm, your stainless 1911 watch is really tempting! If for some reason it doesn't work for me, what is your return policy? Couldn't find your return policy on your Terms & Conditions.
Any discount for us 1911 users? Thanks!
We pass along a 15% discount to military, and can happily pass along to 1911forum folks. Just mention that when placing the order. We accept returns within a 30 day period if received in good condition.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice looking watches. Particularly like the black M1A2, and might purchase for a family member...
RE: the 1911 model- A slight suggestion; a little too much writing on the face. The industry standard habit of marking Swiss watches, as such, is a very small font 'swiss made' at the 6 o'clock position. It's a much classier, and cleaner look. Also, the writing at 3 o'clock is unnecessary; it makes the face a little too busy, and cheapens the overall look(like the watch is trying too hard to announce it's pedigree). How about a small, military font 'M1911' instead? Not trying to be too harsh, with but all the current writing on the face, it kind of reminds me of the cheap Steinhaussin(or whatever they're calling themselves these days) watches advertised in all the magazines....without the billboards, I think the 1911 model would definitely be worth considering.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Damn nice watches. Gold tone with the brown strap is outstanding, wouldn't change a thing except the movement. A Tag Heuer I have goes back for a battery every 3 years, like, pardon the pun, clockwork. I will not buy battery powered, rather mechanical movement-any of those in the works?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great watch

This is a Customer report on the Morpheus Commemorative 1911watch: Well, my birthday/Christmas present has now been worn and admired by myself and others whom have seen it on my wrist. I'm normally not a person who goes ga-ga over gifts but I feel I really have to say a few words about this "outstanding" timepiece. When people started asking me for the name, address or other identifying information about where to obtain one I began to think that I had scored a "homerun" this year for Grandpa/Pops annual selection. I have even entered into conversations with ladies about shooting and related activities which seldom happens to me, unfortunately (had a root canal on a tooth today and the watch was the talk of the office-everyone had to come over and inspect it). There is an aura about it which comes to light when one examines the details that the designer clearly arrived at when developing, building and marketing it. Color and band selection, metal plating (18 karat gold), massive size, 1911 gun details woven into each part, etc. defines the time piece into a totally different dimension! This sounds silly but I'm seriously considering purchasing the stainless steel version for an everyday knock around watch and keeping the gold plated one for more formal occasions. This might sound like I am a shill working for Morpheus watches, but I am not, the product definitely stands on its own and has to be inspected close up and personal to appreciate what I am writing here. Good luck to those who decide to get one for themselves, I'm confident they will have an appreciation for it similar to what I have presented on the forum. My regards to all followers of John Moses Browning and the phenominal 1911 platform

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.