1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At big five sporting goods I found a model 91/30 in 7.62X54 for $79.99- includes a bayonet, ammo pouch, sling and oil can. It's a little beat up, but not bad. Seems kinda like a cool old rifle, although I don't know much about them, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
412 Posts
GrandmasterB, If you think $79.99 is alittle high you should see the gunstore where I live at. They want $169.99 for one. Grunt, check out SOG.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's the lowest you're going to see it streeting for anywhere - it's only $10 more than the wholesalers, and it's already shipped and paid for and you get to look it over first.

I'd go for it.

If the packages are still around this cheap in a couple months I'll pick one up, just to get one bayonet to share among my other evil Nagants.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna think it over a little. (just got a new AR last week, gotta pace myself a little!)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
A Nagant for under $100 with acc. there is no reason not jump jump on this deal, I did!

You wont be disapointed. The only thing, Big 5 dosnt carry 7.62X54R

At least not here in seattle!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I really want to do it, I'll find a way...
Actually big five does have some wolf 7.62X54
20 rnds for $9.99 no idea if this is good or not, I'll check out ammoman & cheaperthandirt and compare.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Big 5 didn't carry any 7.62x54R for ages. Now I've seen Wolf at all of them, overpriced, but at least they have it.

Typical I've seen is about 6-7 a box at better shops.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I buy my 7.62x54 at local gun shows...mil surplus $2.50 per 20 and higher quality commercial at $4.50. $9.99 is a flat ripoff. try and get mil surplus at gun shows. Works great and is cheap.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hell, just order surplus. $33 a 440 round can last time I did.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Surplus is corrosive, is'nt it?

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you decide to buy one at Big 5, ask the clerk to let you see the rifles in back. I used to do that all the time at Big 5 before I got my C&R. They often keep a 'beater" up front in the rack and have some in much better condition boxed in the back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts