1911Forum banner

Mosin Nagant- good price?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BenW 
#1 ·
At big five sporting goods I found a model 91/30 in 7.62X54 for $79.99- includes a bayonet, ammo pouch, sling and oil can. It's a little beat up, but not bad. Seems kinda like a cool old rifle, although I don't know much about them, what do you guys think?

#5 ·
That's the lowest you're going to see it streeting for anywhere - it's only $10 more than the wholesalers, and it's already shipped and paid for and you get to look it over first.

I'd go for it.

If the packages are still around this cheap in a couple months I'll pick one up, just to get one bayonet to share among my other evil Nagants.

#10 ·
I buy my 7.62x54 at local gun shows...mil surplus $2.50 per 20 and higher quality commercial at $4.50. $9.99 is a flat ripoff. try and get mil surplus at gun shows. Works great and is cheap.

#15 ·
If you decide to buy one at Big 5, ask the clerk to let you see the rifles in back. I used to do that all the time at Big 5 before I got my C&R. They often keep a 'beater" up front in the rack and have some in much better condition boxed in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.