1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a store today and they advised me that the was the most accurate weapon they made was the Loaded Trophy Match 1911-A1 they are selling for 995.00? What are the differences in this and the PC9404 Distinguished™ Limited Custom

Does anyone here know the differences in build and prices???

Just how accurate are both weapons...could I get 1" at 25 yards or better?

·
Registered
541 Posts
1" @ 25YRDS........NO! not with a stock trigger or without a match bushing. I've got a loaded 9mm with EGW work and it's one fine shooter but unless ur shooting bullseye 1"@ 25yrds. is not needed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Joee, I have to disagree with you ( just a little) on this. In our line of work, having a gun that is super accurate is important. Someones life may depend on it.Actually, you dont even have to be LEO/MIL/whatever...in an extreme case, you could be called upon to take a shot to protect a family member, wife, etc. My old boy scout troops motto "better to have it and not need it than to neeed it and not have it" Of course, it meant we were all walking packhorses but you never knew when 4 fixed blades knives would come in handy if a bear attacked. :`) While I agree it may be unneeded , having it is a comfort. Training for it helps too! stay safe all!

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
what you say is true but do you anyone that can shoot 1" under any type of stress?that's also if ur 25yrds. you'd better run if you shoot you're the one going to jail.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this weapon is suppose to have a MATCH barrel and match trigger/job on it.

Joee as an LEO, or any other weapon carrying stiff out there--accuracy is important.

I can shoot 1" @ 25 yards with several of my weapons and 2" @ 50 yards with one of them (--target shooting weapon--not a carry weapon). Even my USP45s shoot 2-2 1/2" @ 25 yards.

In a combat situation my accuracy may or may not be that dead on, but I would have the CLEAR knowledge that it could and thus have more confidence before beginning the fight. You would be surprized with doing LEO work for a living and practicing weekly how calm you can really conduct yourself during a gun battle.......I'm also ex-military and might say I have been there a few times....

Again in hostage situations when the perp is using victims as sheilds accuracy is highly important.

Again a situation that just happened here a security guard shot at a perp. He shot 6 times and hit the perp once from a distance of 25 yards. Behind the perp was a day care center. The business he worked for just settled out of court with the Day Care and the perp. Yes, the perp was going to sue--he was unarmed, but appeared to be reaching for a weapon.....

ACCURACY and training are the key! If the gun is NOT capable why carry it? The person can only be as accurate as the weapon will allow him and that with much practice.

My concern with the 1" is that for a 1k pistol this Springfield should offer some GOOD accuracy and I am just trying to find out how accurate it is.

So back to my original quetion:

HOW ACCURATE is this Springfield???

·
Registered
541 Posts
Points well taken DOC. My $650 + $125 EGW work will shoot 1"@25 yrds. My buddy who is a bullseye shooter with a souped up LES B. can shoot the hell out of my pistol. He can't get over how good it is.(thanks to EGW)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The Trophy Match comes final finished from the custom shop in the USA. It is not finished in Brazil. It is a match accurate pistol with the good parts and hand fitted here in the states...The best thing for you to do is contact Dave at SAs' Custom Shop. He runs the place and may be able to answer your questions.

Here's his e-mail address. Make sure to post his answers to your questions. That way some of us will be a little more enlightened.

[email protected]

Good Luck...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. The e-mail has been sent. I will post the answer...THanks

Thanks. I have sent an e-mail and will post the results later.

Thanks

Originally posted by gyp_c:
The Trophy Match comes final finished from the custom shop in the USA. It is not finished in Brazil. It is a match accurate pistol with the good parts and hand fitted here in the states...The best thing for you to do is contact Dave at SAs' Custom Shop. He runs the place and may be able to answer your questions.

Here's his e-mail address. Make sure to post his answers to your questions. That way some of us will be a little more enlightened.

[email protected]

Good Luck...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The QUICK ANSWER to my e-mail to SA:

The "Loaded" Trophy Match pistol is one of our premiere factory
pistols. It is assembled in our Geneseo facility by some of the most
talented pistolsmiths in the industry. These pistols regularly print groups
in the 1-2" range @ 25yds. The PC9404 that you mentioned is a full-house
custom pistol built one at time, per order, to your specs, in the SA Custom
shop. Suggested retail for this pistol as shown in our catalog is $2750.00.
Delivery on custom pistols is 5-7 months. This pistol (PC9404) is capable
of producing the same size goups as previously mention at 50yds. When you
were mentioning 1" groups you failed to mention the number of rounds per
group. All of our accuracy testing consists of 3 consecutive 10 shot groups
divided by 3 to equate to an average group size. Please feel free to
contact me @800.680.6866 if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
Dave Williams
Custom Shop Director

MY LETTER (e-mail)BELOW

Dear Sir:

I was in a store today and they advised me that the was the most accurate
weapon SA made was the Loaded Trophy Match 1911-A1 they are selling for
995.00?

What are the differences in this and the PC9404 Distinguished? Limited
Custom ?

What is the cost of the PC9404???

What is the turn around time for delivery?

Just how accurate are both weapons...could I get 1" at 25 yards or better?

Any other information would be helpful as I plan on purchasing a similar
type weapon this week and desired to compare it to the Springfield top of
the line. This will be a target pistol on which I deisre to get at least 1"
or better at 25 yards.

Thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have a Long Slide 45acp/45Super I shoot pretty good with. I have a Full Size that shoots better. The full size was bought used from a dealer that he used in competition. It has had some bucks put into it including a trigger job that is the best I've ever had. A friend that I respect alot, when it comes to shooting, also said he doesn't ever remember a better trigger on a 1911. It's pretty light and I don't think I'll use it as a carry weapon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts