1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, I have done searches but need a definitive answer. I shoot competively in Tactical Matches (rifle). I have handloaded and shot Precision Rifle stuff for quite awhile but am new (and humbled) to try to shoot much better with a handgun. I have a Kimber CDP II that shoots better than other 45's I have owned. I am looking for the most accurate round for shooting paper up to 25yds. I am not worried about knocking over pins or steel. I know loading for rifles that other people's recipes are JUST a guideline and are suggestions. I also know that the same round can be safe in one rifle and have dangerous pressures in another one. What I am asking is what works in YOUR Kimber that would give me a direction to go in.

I am looking for light recoil (the wife also wants to shoot). I figure some sort of 200gr semi-wadcutter and maybe 231 would be a good choice. :confused:

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated!

Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Keith,

I have two loads that I really dig. They are plenty accurate, feed well and both have light recoil.

I have shot both loads through a Kimber series 1 Ultra Carry and a series 1 custom stainless. Both loads shoot very nicely without beating up me or the gun.

200 grain TCJ-SWC Berry's Bullets
4.6 grains of Bullseye
CCI 300 Primers
COL 1.240"
3/4 turn of crimp on the Lee factory crimp die.

200 grain TCJ-RS Berry's Bullets
5.6 grains of 231
CCI 300 Primers
COL 1.200"
3/4 turn of crimp on the Lee factory crimp die.

I really like the factory crimp dies from Lee. I have solved all my feed problems by switching to them.

Happy Reloading!
Triple check everything!

Bioguy.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Best groups I have ever shot, From any one of my five Kimbers is 4.6 gr of Bullseye with a 200gr SWC. I have shot many many five shot groups that are in the 1" area. Only problem It has to be one of the dirtest powders in the world. Another 1" load is 8.4gr HS-6 with the Hornady 230gr FMJ-FP ENC This load has some kick and the bullets arn't cheap....TAKE CARE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts