1911Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

Registered
馃槅馃槅 Easily mistaken for a grease gun and a couple lighters!
Sometimes the beauty is in the simplicity. Sometimes it's in the complexity. But ALWAYS in the idea behind it. ;)

Reactions: Kosh75287

Administrator
What, no Glock love??? :LOL::ROFLMAO::p:sneaky:;)
:poop::poop::poop:

Seriously, I only include this because there was a time when I thought Glocks were among the ugliest-looking handguns on the planet. Then in recent years we've seen a slew of new handguns from Ruger, Taurus, H&K, Beretta and Walther that are so hideous-looking that by comparison the Glock actually doesn't look too bad anymore. :oops:

Registered
Been coming here since 2012 someday I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures . Great pics of great guns .

Registered
Some of mine.
I bought this a few years ago and it appears to have been shot very little if at all. I am saving up to buy a new Manurhin MR73 .357 magnum that Beretta will be importing. That will be my carry revolver and this Python will inhabit the safe to keep it in pristine condition.

The marking on the magazines don't bother me. Both the pistol and the magazines are all new in the box. And I'm keeping them that way. There's nothing more beautiful than a brand new in the box HK P7M13. I have another P7M13 that I carried on duty back in the 90's and that is my shooter.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You cannot be wrong on a matter of your own tastes. Though not ranking the PPK so highly as you, the disappointment that my PPK-clone didn't sell during the recent bubble is alloyed with some relief: that little thing can shoot and for a time was my CCW. Never should have offered it.

And for a 19th Century revolver, I respectfully nominate the Remington Model of 1858 or even the 1875. The '58's profile speaks a beautifully functional degree of menace. My Uberti '75 in .45 was a prize at a FONRA banquet ... sometimes while admiring it, I consider acquiring a Pieta '58 in .44 and a metalic-cartridge conversion kit. Then I'd have it in a correct caliber; but it would be a wall-hanger. Still too many of those. View attachment 614140
It's a PP, not a PPK. I think the PPK's proportions are a bit blunt for beauty. However, I do own a 1960's built PPK and sometimes carry it as a BUG.

Registered
Hey the Garand is awesome & the right gun at the right time. A brilliant design. But beautiful? No offense, But other than some decent lines around the pistol grip area I just don't see it.

To me it looks like a practical, efficient but industrial design crafted for a purpose OTHER than aesthetic appeal. I think that many fine bolt-action sporting rifles offer a sleeker, smoother, more cohesive profile.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Registered
For a revolver, I'D vote for the 5" S&W Model 27, in blued finish. Undoubtedly, some of this is from my affection for how the revolver shoots, but I think the 5" barrel is the best balance between portability and "long-range shootability".

Not trying to step on toes, here, but I'll ALWAYS confess more affection for how a 2.5" barreled S&W M19/M66 LOOKS, than for how it SHOOTS with full-house ammunition. I think it's been a decade & a half since I've had to do that, and I think my ears are STILL ringing!

Registered
What, no Glock love??? :LOL::ROFLMAO::p:sneaky:;)
:poop::poop::poop:
View attachment 614149

Seriously, I only include this because there was a time when I thought Glocks were among the ugliest-looking handguns on the planet. Then in recent years we've seen a slew of new handguns from Ruger, Taurus, H&K, Beretta and Walther that are so hideous-looking that by comparison the Glock actually doesn't look too bad anymore. :oops:
You have drank the Koolaid.

Registered
they all have their good points - it is why I have so many - but the 1911 - there is just something about the lines and feel -

Registered
I think that the Woodsman & Pre-Woodsman pistols, with the Pencil Barrels, have a great style. The extreme grip angle is especially cool looking.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts