1911Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I really like some of the guns posted previously, but I love the worn, used look of my carry pistol. Functional and kinda rough looking, but man, is it beautiful.

Just something about the almost brutal, no nonsense, workhorse look that gets me, just like the M1 Garand posted farther up.

Every single modification has been made with the sole purpose of making it more accurate, or more efficiently used for its intended purpose of protecting me and mine.

I guess I'm just kinda weird

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian74

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Beauty of a firearm for me runs more than skin deep. I do appreciate a nicely engraved and gold inlayed example of a finely crafted specimen. They just aren't my taste. I do like good steel, stainless or carbon, a fine action, attention to detail and above all or close to it, fine accuracy. The following examples are what I consider the most beautiful in my collection. And yes, an AR10 can be the bell of the ball. Lol
BG1.jpeg
BG2.jpeg
BG3.jpeg
BG4.jpeg
BG5.jpeg
BG6.jpeg
BG7.jpeg

·
Registered
960 Posts
Of all the handguns the Smith & Wesson No. 3 is my pick as most beautiful handgun. The finish can be blue, nickel, or rust. Any barrel length will do, even ugly cut down barrels. It can be square butt, round butt and have any style stocks, have finger rest trigger guard or not, commercial revolver or military contract model, Schofield variant, I admire 'em all.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
What, no Glock love??? :LOL::ROFLMAO::p:sneaky:;)
:poop::poop::poop:
View attachment 614149

Seriously, I only include this because there was a time when I thought Glocks were among the ugliest-looking handguns on the planet. Then in recent years we've seen a slew of new handguns from Ruger, Taurus, H&K, Beretta and Walther that are so hideous-looking that by comparison the Glock actually doesn't look too bad anymore. :oops:
By comparison being the key phrase there! A turd compared to a turd is still a turd!
Nothing will ever make it Cinderella! :)

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Well, if we're going to venture into long-guns too, then........... There's beauty, there's elegance, and then there's this........

(Disclaimer: If you are among those who view a 'firearm' as nothing more than than a tool, then you can skip this, there's nothing for you to see here. For the rest of us, here are 9 minutes of sheer enjoyment!).....

·
Registered
11 Posts
This thread has shown me that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. But that's OK, because some of you guys will leave the pretty ones for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sokolovsky 45.jpeg

I always thought this was the most beautiful gun I have ever seen. I wanted one bad in 1985 but didn't have $2500. Now they're worth $100,000. Sokolovsky .45 Automaster.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Of all the handguns the Smith & Wesson No. 3 is my pick as most beautiful handgun. The finish can be blue, nickel, or rust. Any barrel length will do, even ugly cut down barrels. It can be square butt, round butt and have any style stocks, have finger rest trigger guard or not, commercial revolver or military contract model, Schofield variant, I admire 'em all.

Geesh ,yeah,these Smiths are just great looking hand guns

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm really surprised that no one has ever mentioned this firearm within this thread - I'm not gonna bore all of you with photos, etc, as you've all heard the old adage: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so-to-speak..! However, having said that, for those of you who have never cast your eyes upon a polished, chromed, Whitney Wolverine pistol in .22LR (GOOGLE - IMAGES), well, when I first saw one of these, like a beautiful woman, it almost literally, "took my breath away", so-to-speak. I now have three of them - two chromed ones and a polished, slow-rust blued one. And they shoot like they look..!! They're not "target pistols", by any means. But at close ranges (out to 25-30 yards at least), they hold their own..! It never ceases to amaze me, when I go to the range & pull one of these out of my range bag (especially one of the polished, chromed ones), the small crowd that gathers around my shooting position to see this pistol & maybe want to shoot it. THAT is a gorgeous little gun...!! And yes, if the gentleman who likes the Walther PP's will send me his email address, I'll send you some photos of a pair of those you won't believe..!! :)
- John

·
Registered
13,656 Posts
Here's my test of a beautiful woman: How would she look naked, w/ a shaved head & no makeup. If she would STILL look great, then she is a true physical beauty.

Cars: How would they look in bare steel, without a grille or trim, without wheels, om jack stands? A Jaguar E Type or an ISO Grifo will STILL look phenomenal. They are truly beautiful machines.

Guns: Bare steel with no engraving, grips, or accessories. They must pass that "naked gun" test because embellishments are often just an attempt to distract from a poor aesthetic design.

Each part or section of the gun should be in harmony with the rest of it. It should "flow" uninterrupted. The original 1911 (and USMM guy's Falling Block rifle) are perfect examples of cohesive shape & properly balanced elements .

·
Registered
13,656 Posts
Yes, JohnYoungs, I thought of the Wolverine too. Also, an honorable mention goes to the Double-Gripped Thompson Submachinegun. The blocky receiver juxtaposed with the organically-shaped stock & handgrips is a winner in the category. Compare to the hideous Owen or MAS 38 to see what I mean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's my test of a beautiful woman: How would she look naked, w/ a shaved head & no makeup. If she would STILL look great, then she is a true physical beauty.

Cars: How would they look in bare steel, without a grille or trim, without wheels, om jack stands? A Jaguar E Type or an ISO Grifo will STILL look phenomenal. They are truly beautiful machines.

Guns: Bare steel with no engraving, grips, or accessories. They must pass that "naked gun" test because embellishments are often just an attempt to distract from a poor aesthetic design.

Each part or section of the gun should be in harmony with the rest of it. It should "flow" uninterrupted. The original 1911 (and USMM guy's Falling Block rifle) are perfect examples of cohesive shape & properly balanced elements .
Yes, well-spoken..!! I agree 100%..! :)

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
True enough, but remember one thing: if you put enough cheese on a turd, you can probably get it to taste good... :)
m m m m che-e-e-ese mmmm

Reactions: Nitro.45
41 - 60 of 68 Posts