1911Forum banner

What brand of 9mm do you prefer above all?

• Beretta 92/Vertec series

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • SIG P22x series

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Glock 17, 19, etc.

Votes: 58 27.5%
  • Walther/S&W P99

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • HK USP series

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • HK P7M series

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • P.35 Hi-Power & clones

Votes: 60 28.4%
  • Ruger P series

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Smith & Wesson 39, 59, and later

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Springfield XD series

Votes: 10 4.7%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
73,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is related to the thread about having to choose a 9mm (http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127254&page=3). I'm just curious to see what brand is prefered above all. I of course could only create 10 choices, unfortunately. There are simply too many other brands/types out there (1911, Kahr, CZ, etc.) but I'm simply curious among these common police-issue brands.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like Hi Power or CZ.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Springfield 1911A1 Loaded

·
Registered
923 Posts
The FN-Browning High Power.

Take Care,
Bob

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Interesting that the Hi Power is most popular on a 1911 forum :D

I have tried many of the 9mm on the market today. The most interesting one I tried was the H&K P7. Other than that. I'll keep my Colt .45's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Sig P228 and a Walther P99. Both of these pistols have shot flawless since I got them. the only reason I am selling my Sig is that I have small hands and I can not get a comfortable grip with it.

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
Browning Hi Power; there are other good ones, but the Hi Power is the most street and battle proven of the 9mms.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Glock 17/19/26

SIG P22X

A couple of months ago I would have probably looked down on the Glock as my last choice, but now that I have shot extensively with many models, and detailed stripped a couple, I have to admit that it's not a bad pistol at all (for a plastic pistol) :biglaugh:

Alex.

P.S.: I've never shot a Hi-Power, I really need to do that! But I can't seem to find anyone with one at my range... :hrm:

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
I have three 9mm

One one was "listed" Voted for the Glock 17, 19, ect. Mine's a G26. Also have a CZ75BD, the decocker version and a Kahr MK-9. If I had to choose, it would be a toss-up between the Glock, CZ or the Hi-Power, depending on what was more common in the area of conflict.

Robert

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
For me, its the SIG P225/P226/P228

But, I think the most popular amongst everyone in the World would be the Glock, Hi Power and Beretta 92

·
Banned
234 Posts
I voted for the Springfield XD (4") but if the HK P7 M8 were readily available and in current production AND priced more like about $600,that would be my first choice.
It offers greater safety from being shot w/my own piece.:)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
had a browning hi power, the only gun I owned that tasted blood,

mine,
between the hammer bite, and it being so full of sharp edges, my hands would end up a bloody mess by the end of the day.

had a sig 226 great gun it was my primary IPSC gun and off duty carry gun thru the late 80's and early 90's. lousy DA pull, great SA, reliable from the get go, never jammed, even with a cracked frame rail:eek:.
sig replaced it, and my second sig ran like an timex watch, took a licking and keep on ticking.

then I was issued a smith 5906, hated it, prefered the sig. but the more I shot it, the more I like the smith. the mag release and slide stop was in the same place as my 1911's,
DA pull was great, just like a smith revolver, SA was heavier than the sig, but the trigger re-set is very short, just like a tuned 1911. and like the sig, it never jammed. in the end I sold my beloved sig, and the smith inaddition to being a duty gun, it became my IPSC limited gun shooting minor, that I used to get into A class limited against guys shooting high dollar STI's and para's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts