1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most Reliable Defense Round for P-14?

I currently use 230 Golden Saber, with no problems yet. But is any particular hollowpoint round considered more reliable than others in the P-14? Brand? Weight? Velocity? Whatever? Thanks. G

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Sorry George, each individual gun has its favourite food. Sounds like you found one that yours likes - and it's not a bad choice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shane - Thanks. Guess I'll stick with the Golden Saber. Seems to be holding up in the street statistics pretty well. The only complaints I ever heard were jacket separation, and once American Rifleman called it "sluggish", meaning that they had found some with low velocity. This was back about maybe 1996 or so. G

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Holding up in the street statistics pretty well"? -how many people have you shot?

I carry 230gr Golden Sabers but never used any except at the range. I have noticed in a few recent boxes that the hollow point "holes" were drilled pretty ragged.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Remington bullet config. The bullet is jacketed around the front nose area which provides a solid, smooth face on the feed ramp.

185 gr. JHP, I load this +P 10 gr. of HS6 which rates at 1162 fps in a 5" bbl. I find that the jacket separates from the lead IN the target. Jacket forms a "star" like the evil "black talon." (most JPH work this way)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts